Top Shelf Aquatics

coral and light

creaturenex

creaturenex

Hi I plan to build a hood for a 10g tank and will probably use the same design from jflysmooth (thank for the idea ;) ) 4 daylight bulbs (19w, 6500k) and a bookworm actinic (13w not sure what is the best yet) with pc fan to keep it cool and was wondering if I could keep zoos and ricodias with lighting that’s all I really want for corals. Some mushrooms or xenia also but mostly zoos and ricordia would that light combination work for them to be healthy? I also would like to color to stand out pretty well(if not possible with that set up then to bad huh :( )....If possible do you think I could have across in there? Just wanting to get some help here thanks.:)

Oscar

harbingerofthefish

not sure on Acros in there. I'm not a hard coral guy so IDK.

as for shrooms and zoos the light should be more than fine. For a little better color up the Actinic light in there. It might make the tank a little less crisp white but it would accentuate the colors more.

I would have to say probably not on the acro. You should be able to keep some montiporas just fine though. Just know that most SPS brown under PC lighting. If you want SPS that keep their color, go for orange or green monti's.

IMO, I think 6500K is too yellow of a light. I find 10K's with actinic more visually appealing. I agree with harbinger that I'd be good to add more actinics. I'd bring out the blues and greens alot better.

HTH,

Lam

Archived