Cultivated Reef

D R O O L Z

benjho

I wouldn't have thought you were a coco worm type of guy.

Well it's just something I thought would be a 1st addition...the thing is alright. Still a bigger fan of corals, clams.

what is it with you and rockless tanks?

Well, I might add live rocks later on....but for now, it's going to be rockless for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hype0ff, I mean IIX, or was it illustriosolo, ummm illu, no wait illuiix, benjho ... aww F#@* it

nice worm whoever it belongs to

Whoa, visited frag junky and I have never seen those kind of prices for common wild collected corals before...

Lol, yeah they are pretty darn expensive....but hey I just like to stare at their goodies online. I've only bought one scoly from them in the past and bargained well for it...lol. I had to bargain with them on ebay through pm's lol.

Here's the scoly I bought from them in the past.

11217164933_615db1aa29.jpg

11246868644_c3c6c90550.jpg

I remember getting it for $220 flat including the shipping costs. And he was asking for $300 plus $40 shipping on ebay. The piece was freaking huge too...I mean the base skeleton was 4" big...lol so I was freaking darn happy when I received it ahah. Best scoly experience ever...

hype0ff, I mean IIX, or was it illustriosolo, ummm illu, no wait illuiix, benjho ... aww F#@* it

nice worm whoever it belongs to

Thanks man, you can call me illuiix or benjho or lulu or ben for now ahah.... :lol:

Yupp, those were all my names before.

That's a very reasonable price for the Scoly. I can't help but thinking he would be better off with advertising better prices. I wouldn't consider ordering through him if I knew I had to really really haggle just to get down to a fair price.

Anyhoo... keep the updates coming :)

That's a very reasonable price for the Scoly. I can't help but thinking he would be better off with advertising better prices. I wouldn't consider ordering through him if I knew I had to really really haggle just to get down to a fair price.

Anyhoo... keep the updates coming :)

Yeah, thanks man. Well I did buy a neon white/green/yellow wellso/trachy but it died off in 5 days....I'm pretty sure it was in bad condition before I brought it back home but didn't notice it until I observed it more closely in the bag...so I'm bringing it back to the lfs to get a much much better deal on another coral purchase from them. This build it going to be slow though because I've recently destroyed my wallet buying this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291158528615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Bad commercial, but you can see why I had to have it....compared to my super old outdated toshiba...lol.

I've been checking every single day for a good deal and normally I would see $850 the cheapest for 11" or 13" pro...but 1 time I spotted 3 in stock from the same seller for $800 each 11" brand new sealed and those 3 sold in less than a day when I was watching...so yesterday...I caught the same seller selling it even cheaper this time and bigger too! 13" brand new for $730 including shipping costs....so I had to buy it yesterday, borrowed some money from my mom because I didn't have enough in my pp account. Funny thing, I bought the 2nd one, the 1st 1 was sold before me that day and I checked back and saw the last 1/3rd one sold, all 3 sold in just that day...lol. I'll be paying her back with more once I get my next paycheck in a few days. Oh, and once I get it, I'll be posting pics of it and my minimalist style room...lol. Kinda had a makeover the past month, because I had to replace a lot of old things...like buy a new desk, chair and that laptop. The desk I got pretty darn good deal on ebay for $100. Here it is..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261488568471?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

$_57.JPG

and this chair for $50. http://www.ebay.com/itm/370718598913?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

$T2eC16F,%21%29EE9s2ufE9RBRnsvq0Jyg~~60_

Oh and just wanna let you guys know something crazy you guys probably have never noticed....my light stand that I'm using to hang the kessil...is this! LOL A bathroom towel rack for $40 (same price as the kessil gooseneck but looks much better imo).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FREE-SHIP-ORE-MODERN-CHROME-BROWN-BATHROOM-TOWEL-RACK-HANGING-STAND-/261478510351?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Sdj%252FeyVPj6WpUbv2B%252B4%252BzeoDq2Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

$_57.JPG

I bought all of these with my hard earned money since I just started working full-time 3 weeks ago...Pretty proud of myself now that I'm also able to support the mom on the mortgage a little bit...lol.

I know you consider yourself a scoly snob and all but:

6246C105-F7A6-4871-AB0D-61832862ED8A_zps

Lololol that is nice! But my tank won't be anything close to that.... I'm really sorry guys but I'm not going to be dropping that much cash on some super candies as this is a budget build...the title was just there because I tend to drool over anything under actinics...lol. Sorry again for the disappointment guys...lol.

I'm hoping to get this wellso at my lfs that looks just like this but it's a wellso...not a plate...let me know if it's worth it for $30.

$_57.JPG

Oh and I have to say....bought this recently over on ebay and I freaking love it!! Best hydrometer I've ever had...and for only $8 including shipping costs! Very sleek and small. It happens to be one of the 78 things I own being a minimalist...lol.

14416417423_4618ae73f5.jpg

In case you guys need a new hydrometer, here's the link! My lfs be selling hydrometers the cheapest for $14....excluding tax!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370624823781?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

After all the trouble my needle hydrometor cost me I will never use one again. That towel rack is cool, would make a perfect headphone stand.

After all the trouble my needle hydrometor cost me I will never use one again. That towel rack is cool, would make a perfect headphone stand.

Thanks man. :)

Ok so...I finally got my sony vaio pro in today..1 thing I found out from the seller is that, there's no 1 yr warranty.... :tears: .

But I was kinda impressed by the brand new, sealed package. So that's a pass. I can finally say goodbye to my oldass recently defected outdated toshiba laptop now. Bye bye Toshiba!!! Shiba!! lol :lol:

14235917290_b109b5053a.jpg

14235668100_e0524a2304.jpg

14399136416_d007405983.jpg

14442441273_537e72c8c4.jpg

Now it's time to post half of my minimalist room(Other half is just my bed, waiting to buy new black/darkbrown bed sheets before I take that picture) and 1 coral purchase :lol: .

Wellso $25. I hope more to come.

14422995175_efb58a91b7.jpg

14443441403_6a6cb8959e.jpg

Nice wellso. I just picket up a black nuvo 16 today. I don't know what I will put in it though. It was an impulse buy.....

Ok so...I finally got my sony vaio pro in today..1 thing I found out from the seller is that, there's no 1 yr warranty.... :tears: .

But I was kinda impressed by the brand new, sealed package. So that's a pass. I can finally say goodbye to my oldass recently defected outdated toshiba laptop now. Bye bye Toshiba!!! Shiba!! lol :lol:

14235917290_b109b5053a.jpg

14235668100_e0524a2304.jpg

14399136416_d007405983.jpg

14442441273_537e72c8c4.jpg

Now it's time to post half of my minimalist room(Other half is just my bed, waiting to buy new black/darkbrown bed sheets before I take that picture) and 1 coral purchase :lol: .

Nice vaio. I was thinking about getting one of those a while back but it doesn't have a cdrom drive and I needed that feature for work so I just opted for a HP Pavillion.

Nice wellso. I just picket up a black nuvo 16 today. I don't know what I will put in it though. It was an impulse buy.....

Nice vaio. I was thinking about getting one of those a while back but it doesn't have a cdrom drive and I needed that feature for work so I just opted for a HP Pavillion.

Thanks man. I wish I had a black nuvo...the only reason why I stuck out with this white nuvo was because I won an ebay auction for a 8g nuvo brand new for $130 shipping included and the seller shipped me a brand new 16g white nuvo? Lol, I totally didn't expect it and wanted my original black nuvo 8g so I tried selling the white 16g for $170 but nobody wanted in so I decided to keep it and start the new build with it.

Yeah, there's no cd rom for either macbook air or sony vaio pro. I don't need cd rom so it's all good. From my expectations, I believe usb disks are gonna push over the cd's to no business later on. The future is about being more minimal now and days. Usb disk is so much smaller and portable than a cd lol. This vaio pro is pretty awesome for the price I got it for. It's quick, the lightest laptop in the world right now but probably won't be this coming fall, since new models will be out. Oh, and the high resolution on this screen is what I love the most at the moment. I'm able to see 3 times better how these coral pics are in hd compared to my old toshiba. Yup, I compared the both this afternoon....huge difference. The only thing I don't like about this new vaio pro is...when I'm using the touch screen at the top portion of the screen, the monitor wiggles a bit...lol Kinda annoying ahahah. Hey by any chance do you know how to do a "right click" on a touch screen?? I think it's kinda annoying to have to use the mouse pad just for the right click function, to be able to copy and paste stuff...

Thanks man. I wish I had a black nuvo...the only reason why I stuck out with this white nuvo was because I won an ebay auction for a 8g nuvo brand new for $130 shipping included and the seller shipped me a brand new 16g white nuvo? Lol, I totally didn't expect it and wanted my original black nuvo 8g so I tried selling the white 16g for $170 but nobody wanted in so I decided to keep it and start the new build with it.

Yeah, there's no cd rom for either macbook air or sony vaio pro. I don't need cd rom so it's all good. From my expectations, I believe usb disks are gonna push over the cd's to no business later on. The future is about being more minimal now and days. Usb disk is so much smaller and portable than a cd lol. This vaio pro is pretty awesome for the price I got it for. It's quick, the lightest laptop in the world right now but probably won't be this coming fall, since new models will be out. Oh, and the high resolution on this screen is what I love the most at the moment. I'm able to see 3 times better how these coral pics are in hd compared to my old toshiba. Yup, I compared the both this afternoon....huge difference. The only thing I don't like about this new vaio pro is...when I'm using the touch screen at the top portion of the screen, the monitor wiggles a bit...lol Kinda annoying ahahah. Hey by any chance do you know how to do a "right click" on a touch screen?? I think it's kinda annoying to have to use the mouse pad just for the right click function, to be able to copy and paste stuff...

-$170 is a steal. Did you offer to ship?

-With my job I have to utilize disks for certain programs that are only on disks. So, a disk drive is a must have.

-For right click, press and hold till you see a swirling circle then release.

-$170 is a steal. Did you offer to ship?

-With my job I have to utilize disks for certain programs that are only on disks. So, a disk drive is a must have.

-For right click, press and hold till you see a swirling circle then release.

No I didn't. I was selling local only.

Yeah I know what you mean. I had use cd's for several college classes to install quickbooks, excel, acl and other accounting related softwares. For now, I think most softwares can be bought and downloaded directly online no?

I tried that and it works! Thanks man haha.

No I didn't. I was selling local only.

Yeah I know what you mean. I had use cd's for several college classes to install quickbooks, excel, acl and other accounting related softwares. For now, I think most softwares can be bought and downloaded directly online no?

I tried that and it works! Thanks man haha.

Oh. Some local missed his/her opportunity then.

Some of the programs are rated for military use only and is only available through disk media. Normal consumer software are no problems at all.

No problem.

Oh. Some local missed his/her opportunity then.

Some of the programs are rated for military use only and is only available through disk media. Normal consumer software are no problems at all.

No problem.

Yeah I mean the 16g nuvo kits without lights are running at $250.

Oh I see. I watch too many movies...I hardly see cd's in movies now, it's always usb disks they be using for top secret stuff lmao!!

And in real life you can't use USB on anything remotely secret haha.

True, hopefully they improve that mobility.

Towel rack kessil looks sick! You going all LPS on this one or mixed?

Thanks man. Mixed between softies and lps. 1 or 2 clams. A platinum clown and a black snowflake. Might go rockless, might not...really depends what I see in person lol.

True, hopefully they improve that mobility.

It's not a mobility issue, typically group policies applied to users or USB ports being disabled through thin client access. I have a number of clients who allow no external devices to be attached to local machines in their office environment for security reasons. They even disable all the local save features when using remote access from outside of the office. The only way to get internal data out of their facility is to physically steal the server hardware (in most cases that is virtual anyway). Most government facilities are very similar to a certain degree.

Archived