Innovative Marine Aquariums

Picking the Correct fixture

Outofstock

Outofstock

Hi Dave,

I have a 70 gallon cube (30x30x18) and am leaning towards a nano box fixture.

What would you recommend? Will two duos side by side cover the tank adequately? I am unsure if one would suffice and I dont think two monos would work either.

Thanks!

I had a 24" duo on a 36x18x18 with good results, but not sure how that extra 12" of width will impact the coverage.

jedimasterben

The fixtures being only 3" wide, with the LED board being even less, coverage won't be great for the whole 30" front to back without two rows of lights. 18" width is comfortable, still lower light at the edges, 24" is where the edges are getting too low, and beyond that is very little. The Nanobox line has plenty of power, but that kind of coverage with good PAR just isn't feasible with such a small light. Even lights like the Hydra and Radion, while saying each will cover 36x36 with no problem, are still only good for 24x24 maximum, anything beyond that is very low in light, and will be completely shaded if anything is in the path of the light.

I would suggest a hybrid with dual T5 for better coverage and distributed light to eliminate major shading issues.

Hi Dave,

I have a 70 gallon cube (30x30x18) and am leaning towards a nano box fixture.

What would you recommend? Will two duos side by side cover the tank adequately? I am unsure if one would suffice and I dont think two monos would work either.

Thanks!

Personally on this size tank I would go with a Duo Hybrid. This would fill the void gap like Jedi stated. It would be lit, just not enough with the smaller size of the units.

OR you could go all out and do two 24" Duos. :)

-Dave

Outofstock

Currently have a 24" FNI T5 sitting on the tank (angled to cover the rock work mainly) so anything is an upgrade.

What does the 24" duo run?

Archived