Coral Vue Hydros

7 mini-bow, 2x32 PC, what can I keep?

Grif

Greetings all,

I'm new to my 7 Gallon Mini-bow after having a sumped/refugiumed/29 gal Nano before, and a 75 system before that (keep getting smaller, next, a Dixie cup!)

I have a 2x32 CSL w/hood on order, and am wondering what the going view is on what I'll be able to keep. I'm sure softies are fine, I'm guessing LPS is also okay, but how about sps?

Also, is the going trend to use kalk for all topoff in Nano's of this size?

Hit the search function.... There are a lot of threads on 10 gal tanks and reef complements. ALSO check Members reef tank section.... a Pic is worth a 1000 words.

AFAIC, You can keep anything that is accustomed to loverd light. ACROS and SPS are out as are Clams. Lurk a while.. read some old threads.. there is a wealth of knowlwge here..

oh PS: Welcome to Nano-reef.:)

Christopher Marks

You could do some of the 'lower light' SPS, like montipora, and just about anything else as far as LPS and Soft corals go. Just be careful with the LPS that you don't get corals with sweeper tenticles, as they'll kill off the other corals in that little tank.

Look in the Members Nano Reefs section for deezreef's tank. He has a beautiful 10 gallon sps nano run on only 2x28 watters. Judging from his tank, excellent water quality can make up for lower lighting. If your new to nano reefing, I'd stick with softies and lps.

Yes, defiantely have a look at deezreefs tank. For 2x28w he sure has a stunning tank. One of the best tanks I have seen.

I suppose you can keep a few of the lower light SPS corals too-but may not get awesome growth rates.

Archived