Coral Vue Hydros

Questions before purchase

Dlc27

I *think* I like the look of the mini tide side mounted over the standard long ways:

- Maybe standard looks better over a cube, though. Opinions?

-Reviews talk about how efficient the nano's spread is... Would having it side mounted compromise the design's diffusion over a 12x12?

So the base configuration has two channel dimming, but I need to upgrade to the storm or bluefish to set even a basic on off timing schedule, yeah?

If I plan to upgrade to the storm at a later date do I need to request it be configured to do so, or does the standard unit come upgradable? Is the configuration different for Bluefish than it is for Storm or can I go with either at a later date?

What is the cost (per led?) if I want to customize with 2-4 more LEDs? Would an extra color cost more than a few more of the base config colors?

Hope it's ok to ask here! I figured they might be common questions so posting them here might help others, and save you (Dave) repeating yourself at least a few times. :)

Thank you in advance for everyone's input!

I *think* I like the look of the mini tide side mounted over the standard long ways:

-Reviews talk about how efficient the nano's spread is... Would having it side mounted compromise the design's diffusion over a 12x12?

When it comes to a cube, the mounting position becomes more of a personal preference . As long as the fixture is centered , it really doesn't matter how the fixture is mounted , the spread will be the same. I have the gooseneck w/ standard mounting on my 12x12 , I really like the look, but I wish I would have gone with the hanging kit instead. I just like the hanging look better.

So the base configuration has two channel dimming, but I need to upgrade to the storm or bluefish to set even a basic on off timing schedule, yeah? When it comes to controlling the light, you will not have the on/off function without having either storm/bluefish , lamp timer, or a tank controller (Apex / ReefKeeper/ etc.)

If I plan to upgrade to the storm at a later date do I need to request it be configured to do so, or does the standard unit come upgradable? Is the configuration different for Bluefish than it is for Storm or can I go with either at a later date? The base unit is capable of being upgraded , but keep in mind that if this is your only light, you will have to go without light while it ships / gets upgrade / and then is shipped back. Dave is getting busier by the day , so I would suggest just skipping the base unit and going with the controller upfront.

What is the cost (per led?) if I want to customize with 2-4 more LEDs? Would an extra color cost more than a few more of the base config colors?

This is a question for DAVE , but I think he would be happy @ $1,000,000,000 each. :lol:

Hope it's ok to ask here! I figured they might be common questions so posting them here might help others, and save you (Dave) repeating yourself at least a few times. :)

Hope my response was helpful

-B

So the base configuration has two channel dimming, but I need to upgrade to the storm or bluefish to set even a basic on off timing schedule, yeah?

If I plan to upgrade to the storm at a later date do I need to request it be configured to do so, or does the standard unit come upgradable? Is the configuration different for Bluefish than it is for Storm or can I go with either at a later date?

Either way it will be the same on the mounting. The boards is a square. However the unit turned does look very sharp! :)

If you are looking into going to Storm or BF I would do it right off the bat. That way you don't have to upgrade drivers, etc. But yes you can upgrade.

What colors are you looking at? I can do this but really think you will prefer the color I have now.

Let me know!

-Dave

What colors are you looking at? I can do this but really think you will prefer the color I have now.

-Dave

After reading the reviews I'm thinking of the lime, of course! :)

Archived