Cultivated Reef

Radion Output Listings

doppelganger

doppelganger

Hey all,

I've had a Gen1 radion for quite a while now and I'm finding a lot of different opinions on the output level of radions so I thought it might be nice to have a resource of outputs that might help people try and figure out what intensity to run their radions.

I've heard ppl running theirs at 100% intensity while I'm having trouble just trying to get mine up to 40% without bleaching the crap out of everything. There has been this link going around http://www.aquaticlog.com/radion but according to this, the only thing I can have is NPS haha. That's why I'm trying to find some more evidence on real life situations in a neat little thread. I know there's probably lots of other factors but it's just to get a general gauge of what others are running it at.

Aquarium Dimensions: 20x20 cube

Radion Model: Gen 1

Lenses: TIR Wide Angle

Radion distance: 6 inches from water surface

Mode: Natural

Intensity: 35%

Hours: 9:00am-8:00pm

System: Mixed reef mainly lps and a BTA

I'd post a pic but I don't really have one handy. Feel free to post one of course. Anyone else want to share?

Paandemonium

Honestly, holding it at such high levels is wayyyyy overkill. I assume they're mostly SPS tanks

doppelganger

Honestly, holding it at such high levels is wayyyyy overkill. I assume they're mostly SPS tanks

totally agree with you but I'm just trying to get a gauge on a good average in the community to make sure it's ideal and not other issues that could be causing bleaching. Especially since the par values on that site don't really match up with my tank.

masterbuilder

I agree...that's pretty high light you have going. I would lower the setting some. What you have set now is about right for light luvin SPS but your LPS would probably like a lower setting, especially with your fixture to close to the water. I would also think about moving away from the natural setting or at least setting the depth higher for a little more blue. My 2 cents.

Mark

p.s. More light is not always better.

05XRunner

I peak mine at 75% but I am running the wide angle lens on my G2 so its cutting down the power vs 80degree TIR lens. So far everything has been doing well

Archived