inTank Media Baskets

sebae clown in a nano

TNreefguy

hi everybody, i need some advice on putting a sebae clown in my nano with a huge hammer coral i picked up a the lfs. with the fish be two much for the bio load

7.5 gallon

10lbs of live sand

20lbs of live rock

32w pc

sump

Are you sure it's a sebae clown? True sebaes are rather rare and pricey, and only do well in colder aquariums, which would not be suitable for your hammer.

Most often, black clarkii and their close relatives clowns are sold as sebaes. Thse are hardier and more comfortable in the warm-water tanks, but can reach 4-5" in an aquarium, which will be too big for a 7.5g.

However, one could be kept in a 7.5 while it was a juvenile, if it was roomy (ie, less live rock). But once it hits 2-2.5", it really needs a bigger tank.

Yup....as a juvie he will do fine. When he get to be 2"+ in size is when he will need a new home.

Just as information....clowns can think that some corals are anemones and will host to them. Hammer/torch/frogspawn coral do resemble an anemone so the possibility is there. Not likely but can happen and at least you know what's up if it happens.

Cameron

Archived