Cultivated Reef

Bonsai collection

Giga

I was perusing a local gerden store and found this guy and it had no price tag. So I ask the guy there(not a big box store)for the price and what I was looking for and he said it was 169$. so I was like oh never mind. Then much to my surprise he said-it's not selling so you want it for 16$. Needles to say I now have a 6 foot cedar in my collection. I'm not as familiar with cedar so I can't tell if it's deodara or atlas. Another problem is it was growing in peat and I wanted to just look at the root ball and it was half root rotted! I had to remove 50% of the roots as it was a rotted stinking mess, I also took a few branches from the top as I couldn't get it in my two door car lol. I put it in a deeper large empty plastic pot and filled with good soil. For 16$ lets hope it stays alive till spring-I might put it in my garage too if weather dips to cold as well

IMG_2319_zpse1848239.jpg
IMG_2321_zps2814d377.jpg

$16? Bargain!

lol this hobby to me makes making sub 50$ purchases insanely easy to justify. Frugality goes out the window when you are dropping 20-30$'s a pop on some little blue dropper bottles or 20 a head on some zoas. Infact, now anything less costly than a single zoa head falls into the don't think about value purchase... not a good habit lol.

It's kind of stupid how inflated coral prices :rolleyes:

Especially if they have the word(s) "Aussie", or somebodys' name (Tyree, Jason Fox, Reef Raft or Cornbred) in front of them..... :unsure:

• 11 months later...

Archived