inTank Media Baskets

Ich Dying Out?

Triryche78

Triryche78

Hey all.

I've had my tank for a little over 7 weeks. Started on May 12th. Anyways I had 2 clownfish die on June 5-6th from ich. I let my tank sit with no fish in it. I have 7 hermit crabs, 1 sand-sifting star, and 1 turbo snail. 10 lb live rock, live sand.

I just bought another clown on June 30th. 24 days later. Would you think the ich is rid from my tank. I know your supposed to let your tank sit w/o fish after ich for about a month after so the ich will eventually die out.

Need opnion. Do you think my fish will be okay?

i do, just havent been online for awhile. sometimes i feel like the lone crusader of the disease treatment forum. anyway, ich can run its life cycle anywhere from 9-36 days this is highly variable so it is best to wait AT LEAST a month to be sure it will be out of the tank. i must stress to you that it seems you are moving too fast, patience is key in this hobby, NOTHING good happens quickly in a marine tank, 7 weeks and already on third fish? slow down, check water quality, give things time to stabilize and then think about fish. and for gods sake put them through a QT before adding them to the main tank.

Archived