Pod Your Reef

Pic-a-fish/goby-list

Superdave

For a 5 gallon, which would you pick? (If you think I can have more than one, please feel free to add your experiences/testimonials...:D

-Six line wrasse

-Clown goby (my LFS have some--bright yellow, I think they are

c. gobies--let me know if I am wrong on that)

-Diadema dottyback (purple strip down top of yellow body)

-Orange firefish

-Magenta dottyback (all purple dottyback)

I currently have 6 hermits and 1 snail.

One last thing--other suggestions/substitions welcome!

I like the first and last choice. The fridmani may be a push in a five gallon but I still like it. Another suggestion would be a neon cleaner goby.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been told clown gobies need quite a large tank b/c they need certain corals to survive well, but I've never had one, so I don't know for sure.

I'd go with the neon goby, and well, I'm not familiar with the others, so I guess that's my best suggestion other than a goby/shrimp pair (watchman goby and pistol shrimp) along w/ the neon.

clown gobies are excellent for a small reef and i'm almost 100 percent certin they do NOT need any certin corals to live. They DO however love to perch on sps type corals, and are better suited for a small tank because they do more perching then actual swimming. (that and they stay tiny <1.5")

I have a green clown goby right now and am planning on getting a yellow watchman and a firefish. You definately should either get a yellow watchman thats paired with a pistol shrimp, or a firefish. Green clowns are great too. They don't need any special corals to live, but do love perching on live rock and stuff.

Archived