Cultivated Reef

six-line

reefboy

3rd six-line wrasse to die in 6 months.

what is your experience with this wrasse.

have great parameters..ph=8.3,nitri=0,nitra=0,phos=o,alk=3.0,amon=0,cal=425.

have 1 clown, & 1 pigmy angel

any thoughts?

fade2black

Had one for almost 2 years now. Very hardy fish IMO and never had a problem. What size tank are all these fish in? Were any of the other fish picking on it?

I had mine for about a year and a half and then it kicked the bucket. They are not a long lived fish. Most only live to be like 1.5-2 years old, some rarely older.

they need a very meaty diet. and they love bugs (pods, bristle worms, small shrimp)

were you buying bigs ones that were maybe near the end of there life?

tank size??

• 2 weeks later...
reef hugger

I'm not sure about that life spand of only 1.5-2 years, they should live longer than that. I have had mine for alittle over a year now, and before that it was in another local reefers tank for awhile(1year+). I remember reading somewhere that they are not the best shippers too. Is this in the 26gal? Your pygmy angel could be harassing them to death, since the angel is already established in your tank. The sixline needs to have a place that it can retreat to, and if the angel is chasing him around thats not going to happen.

They are fairly docile fish, even though mine beat the crap out of my P.fridmani, after being perfect tank mates for 9 months.

yah thats prob a little conservative of an estimate, that estimate was just based on what i have seen out of the 4-5 that i have had, with in several tanks. may not be what the "book" says though.

Archived