Pod Your Reef

'carpetbox' by ZROGST [Nanobox & Synergy Reef Nem/Clown Tank]

BadCrab

We all have different perspectives on life and that's great but I'm not sure why you're hating on anyone who has an opinion that isn't yours. You've posted a build on an internet forum and I'm assuming you know that you'll need to take the feedback both negative and positive. Ultimately it's your tank, your anemone and your conscience. Go forth and conquer.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't comparing what you're doing to dog fighting. I was just making a point, and you know that. Such a childish response does nothing but prove that even you know that this is most likely a very bad idea. What I can't decipher is whether you are just being arrogant and aren't nearly as intelligent as you seem to be, or if you are just being selfish and disregarding common sense for the sake of your own satisfaction. Either way it doesn't really matter, honestly. Just do the right thing if and when the time comes, don't let your ego cloud (further) cloud your judgement.

Good luck man :).

Glen, you likened an anemone to dogs. Even in hyperbole, when you make a point it has to make sense. You said "If you disagree [with me] then maybe you should take up dog fighting as well." and now you say only two things could happen here: I'm "arrogant and stupid" or "selfish with a disregard for common sense."; How am I supposed to respond without looking like an asshole here? You're literally questioning my integrity as a moral person and calling me names in between smiley emoticons.

So I welcome dissenting opinions, but when they are wrapped around a holier-then-thou statements like "belongs in the ocean" or implying animal cruelty I will stick up for myself.

Perhaps you could give it a container of sand?

Haddoni's are sand dwelling anemones. It may open up a bit more that way. How does the mouth look?

I love these anemones, I just wish they were not fish eaters.

Perhaps you could give it a container of sand?

Haddoni's are sand dwelling anemones. It may open up a bit more that way. How does the mouth look?

I love these anemones, I just wish they were not fish eaters.

The tank will remain barebottom but I plan to add cured liverock rubble around the base of his foot once settled. I added the MP10 yesterday so I want to make sure he likes the positioning first.

Mouth shots taken today with cell phone after the fourth 20% water change in as many days. Tentacles and foot are very sticky. Open more then I would like but this is huge improvement over how she came in from wholesale:

tOGscEll.jpg?1

kfG8kEFl.jpg?1

Plan on first in-tank feeding tonight. Going with selcon soaked frozen krill.

BattleAthletics

I'm sorry you're not into me expanding into the hobby. If you have anything from your experience to share please do! That's why I have these threads - to share, get opinions from more experienced reefers and peers, and have fun!

I'm sensitive so don't be mean :happydance:

BattleAthletics

That's what I'm talking about BA, quoting me against myself is mean. :happydance:

Like a double negative eh?

Maybe I'm in the wrong, and Jake is wanting to cover this tank eventually since it would be different from the rest. Hopefully you can pioneer a new wave of nanos keeping haddonis and giganteas.

That's what I'm talking about BA, quoting me against myself is mean. :happydance:

Also man the #### up homeboy, don't take everyone's opinions like attacks. Tell Jake I know what he's up to.

Nice tank, cool concept, but as said, way too small. Doesn't help you're being kinda, pushy about it.

I'd give the nem to someone with a large tank as they grow quickly and can get multiple feet in diameter. I'd try a different nem, but I'm not a huge expert on most other species. Possibly a crispa or malu nem, one of those species is smaller. Or the popular mini maxis, but those don't host clowns.

IMO something that'd also be cool is a lot of mini maxis and some shrooms with various anemone shrimps.

Nanofreak79

I was impressed with the tank and light, and that's where it ended. I've been stumped as to what to even say about this, since you posted days ago. I guess that's a good thing considering you don't take to kindly do disagreements.

I'm not trying to be pushy or come off as a dick head about it, but I obviously have.

I'm open to whatever someone wants to say about the system but I'm not taking that haddons out unless I see the health decline. Call it what you want (some in this thread have already used the words arrogant ignorant ego selfish and stubborn) but in 6 months I'll be here with the crow in hand - for my mouth or yours.

very cool!! great concept and so new..

the carpet is healty and sticky just like you said..

what about adding canister and lily pipe? (in any case you think the existing filtration is not enough, you can add carbon etc if you like)

very cool!! great concept and so new.. the carpet is healty and sticky just like you said.. what about adding canister and lily pipe? (in any case you think the existing filtration is not enough, you can add carbon etc if you like)

This is something I was thinking about all day today. It would be relatively easy to do and the lillys could be covered with an egg crate cage like the MP10 (eventually being replaced with a custom acrylic cage/screen)

+1 canister and lily pipe. Jake came to our club meeting and did a presentation. He said he keeps coral tanks not reef tanks. No live rock and uses a canister instead. Seems like a good application here.

I'm assuming it will grow one way or another, maybe you could get a custom bigger tank at some point with the green trim.

A lot of mucous in the tank this morning, and elevated ammonia/nitrite levels. Getting backup tank a notice and getting the crow warmed up!

lol What's the verdict? How is the nem?

BattleAthletics

A lot of mucous in the tank this morning, and elevated ammonia/nitrite levels. Getting backup tank a notice and getting the crow warmed up!

Sound like Jake's advice was solid.

lifebidesign

To much of a hassle to change water every other day. I guess we'll see what happens long term

Archived