Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Amphiprion ocellaris any others?

Clown Fish Man

Clown Fish Man

I want to have a pair of Amphiprion ocellaris in a 10 gallon and I was just curious if I was to upgrade to a 20 gallon could I put any other fish in there? or just invertabrates.

Clown Fish Man

Anybody? Seeing that Amphiprion ocellaris is more of a middle to top water fish, should I try to put like more of a bottom dwelling fish? Would a species of Gobie work? I've been told by my lfs that firefish won't work, do you guys agree?

I can't offer any advice, but I'm curious as well. I have an Ocellaris too, and I'll be ready to add another fish in a week or so, so I'm curious to see what reccomended options I have too.

harleywilson

Clown Fish Man,

Go to one of the saltwater fish online stores and look for something specific and then come back. Your question is too vague. I will tell you sure but it depends on the fish. You mentioned inverts, make sure you have a clean up crew (inverts) before you start adding fish even if you stay with the 10 gallon. I don't necessarily agree with your LFS re firefish. Just remember that clownfish are related to damsels, add the more peaceful fish first. Perculas and Skunks are the most peaceful clowns but they can attack peaceful fish, especially if they are a pair. Rule to live by, put peaceful fish in first and then add more aggressive later. HTH

Archived