Cultivated Reef

unknown light

Davidd

A few weeks ago, some painters left this light in my garage and forgot it. The bulb looks sort of like a double ended MH bulb, but really small, and doesn't have as much metal stuff on the inside. It's real bright too, but the light is way too yellowish. If I knew what kind of light it was I could get a new one. The side of it says: use type-t 300w- 600w bulbs only. If anyone knows what type of light this is, please reply

it sounds like a halogen spotlight...they are similar, but very ugly color...should be a small square thing that is 10"x10" or so...they get super hot and have grabage color for any tank use...they are about $9-$10 at walmart and work good for flood lighting a worksite...

I agree, you should return it to the painter. Either the painter or one of his helpers will have to replace the light.

yeah but.... but I've seen all these pics on this site of lights that looks just like it. The've all got the little square reflector, and the dimples in it... Some of the ones I've seen, I could have sworn they were the exact same thing I have.

Its not the same... Dont try to directly retrofit those. You need a really keen electrical person to assist you. It can be dangerous to your physical being.. Seriously.. You dont want to burst any bulbs that might have lethal vapors in them.

Archived