Coral Vue Hydros

mh lighting for mb7

xien2000corp

xien2000corp

hey all,

im trying to decide how to light my new mb7. i want to have 2 32 watt actinics for supplement but i cant decide to have a 70 watt de mh or a 150 watt de mh. i know heating is going to be a big issue so i have a fan system in conjuction with a peltier device i plan to set up to use as a diy iceprobe except about 10 times more powerful :P its a 325 watt peltier ;)

any suggestions are welcome! :D

thanks, steve

xien2000corp

alright well if no one has an opinion can someone point me in the right direction to where i can find someone who does :P

im coming close to construction time and want to know whether i need to add a couple of inches to the height of my canopy or not depending on if 150 is ok for a mb7.

thanks, steve

xien2000corp

well does anyone have experience with their corals bleaching or dieing on them due to too much light intensity from a 150 watt mh on a 7 gallon?

i guess what im asking is if this is going to kill off my corals or make them explode with growth?

-steve

xien2000corp

lol, youre right about pricing, lgreen. it IS expensive.

the reason i want to go mh is because i have an extensive collection of acro frags that i would like to trasfer as many as possible to the small tank. some of them are rare colormorphs that require quite a bit of lighting and i want to keep them happy and colorful :D

does anyone have any experience with 150 over an mb7? how high did you build your canopy?

thanks for the opinions so far guys :D

-steve

I think is MH is a great idea on a 7 gallon. I have 2 x 32 watt PCs and i still cant keep SPS properly, and this is with 2 years experience on this tank alone. I like the look of MH too, but i can see why it is much more economical to go PC--I just think in this hobby if you dont get the best then you will always be wanting to get it later--and this is from a guy who endorsed PC until the last breath. just two cents.

Archived