Coral Vue Hydros

"Desktop" wall reef tank

Withers

thought i'd post a few pics of my tank. its a tad larger than what most people would consider nano, but it fits on my computer desk, so thats gotta count for something, lol!

for some reason i get the feeling that my 20k bulb is losing its blue color, tell me what you think.

full tank shot

lol spencer, it does look awesome doesn't it? man the guy who made it must be a genius!

the lighting is a 250 watt MH 20k DE

53 gallon custom acrylic (by Spencerx)

i don't remember the exact dimensions... something like 24" long by 19" deep and 28" tall.

i still feel like a 20k bulb should be bluer than that though :|

i found out that the bulb is faulty. its either a 10k, or a broken 20k. coralvue is replacing it for free :D after that one burns out i'll probably invest in a more expensive bulb.

Von digity

Vic the tank looks great. I really dig your aquascaping.

Spencerx, that is some mad acrylic tank building skills you have there buddy.

Originally posted by VicSkimmr

lol yeah.  here's a pic of it with my computer next to it.  the desk doesn't bow at all!

You have IRON balls to keep that on your desk! Nice though!

lol, yeah i keep thinking its a time bomb just waiting to go off. so far so good though. i'm seriously contemplating putting all my computer equipment in tupper ware tubs in case of a flood, lol.

lol. there's also a water bed sitting not 2 feet from it. and a 15 gallon nano on the other side of the room, lol.

Archived