Top Shelf Aquatics

Via Aqua Ballast

mememe

got home from work last night and only the actinic light was on...the daylight was out. I replaced the bulb but still it wouldn't come on. I have the tank for about 8/months. By the way, this is the 28/g and not the 18/g but the ballast looks exactly like the 18/g.

What should I do?

did you try swapping the daylight and the actinic? I know this sounds silly but both bulbs worked after I did that. Wouldn't work the other way for some reson.

If you have a home lighting specialty store near you they may have a ballast that might work.

ReefMonkeee

just curious but it is the VA680 with the delux HOOD if so, how many watts are u guyz running cuz my hood only got like 30 watts ???

mememe,

Its the ballast. Via Aqua magnetic ballasts are junk. They know it, but they kept shipping them out. Do a search on it you'll see alot of us have had problems with them.

If your tank is less than a year old you may be able to get via-aqua (ie: commodity axis in ventura/oxnard Cali) to replace it. Otherwise you'll have to pay them to repair it (which means they'll swap it out).

They say they are using better parts now, but I can't confirm this.

If you bought the tank from a LFS, try taking the ballast back there and see if they will just exchange it.

Good luck,

Sands

Archived