SaltCritters.com

wandering Nudi?

tam

DSC01873.jpg

Found this little nudi wandering around my Ricordia. From what I can tell, brownish with little spikes on its back and the tips of the spikes are white.

It kind of reminds me of a berghia, but you can see in the top left, I've plenty of aptasias. Please dont tell me this is a zoo eating nudi..

tam

The good news is its not a zoo eating nudi.

Its a Star polyp eating zoo. My hubby had one in the middle of his Stars and we removed it after loosing a patch to its hunger.

In return, it gave us a hundred or so babies. We removed that thing back in December of last year, and the last time we removed a baby was two weeks ago. So if this tells you how many babies we've had from this thing.

I'd remove it if it was me. I had also found one in our LFS and had to go help the owner remove all of them from his tank as well.

Good luck.

I should have used my turkey baster to suck the guy out, but I didnt think about it and grabbed the camera first. I was wondering where my tiny frag of GSP went...

tam

So did you ever get that nasty little bugger out of your tank??

If you happen to have anything for trade I'd be willing to frag off some of my GSP for you.

The little guy hasnt been seen, I hope he's MIA for good. I actually dont have anything to trade at the moment, but thank you for offering, I only have a couple zoos and 2 ricordia. Its a tank in progress :).

Tam

Caught and Isolated!!

I think it is a zoo eating nudi because some of my zoos aren't looking so great anymore. I turned the lights on in the tank this morning and bam! Who do I see wandering around my polyps?!?!

This guy!!

DSC01896.jpg

Top shot:

DSC01897.jpg

Hey Tam,

I have some "extra" star polyps. I can take a couple shots of it tomorrow if ya'd like me to frag some off for you. Just let me know.

Archived