Wednesday, June 30th 2004 - Tank Shots

Acoustic

10 gallon AGA

Prizm Skimmer

Dual 32watt PC

4" Natural Wonders Black Calcite Sand

Living Room View

============

Do you buy your coral online or at LFS?? No fish?? And I dont think I see any snails so how you keep your tank so clean? Very nice looking.

=All of my corals are captive bred/grown from local reefers and 1 or 2 from a LFS.

=I have only 6 snails......1 Turbo, 1 Astrea, 1 Cerith, and 3 Nessarius. I also have 1 Zebra Hermit Crab and 1 Fighting Conch.

=There are 2 fish......1 Yellow Clown Goby, and 1 Dusky Jawfish.

=My tank is clean because I skim and run carbon 24/7. I also do a 25% water change every 2 weeks which entails sucking out all the pooh and ditritus from the top of the sand.

Originally posted by Acoustic

Last One

=======

Hi Acoustic

I love your yellow coral, very nice indeed. keep up the good work.

Ps..... how do you find the prizm skimmer, as i have one aswell but its not in use as yet because i'm still getting the equipment together and i havent got my tank yet, that is the last piece that i'll get.

Regards from Len:)

Originally posted by Acoustic

The stock Prizm skimmer SUCKS! But I have DIY'd it so much that it works great!

Hi Acoustic

Well i brought my prizm deluxe skimmer second hand so it only cost me about $150 aud, plus it has the skimmer attachment and the media box..

Regards from Len

Acoustic you are one of the few people that have the saze fuzzy shrooms as me.The teal with purple tip.Where did you get yours and for how much?Are they considered rare?Mine keep multiplying like crazy!

Fuzzy mushrooms are not rare but this colormorph is really uncommon.

The plate coral is also referred to as fungia sp.

I understand that fuzzy mushrooms are not rare but the colormorph is.Mine are exactly the same colormorph only yours are brighter due to your more powerfull light.You tank looks awesome by the way.So the only question I have left is were did you get those shrooms and how much?

=I got the shrooms from Aquatics Warehouse in San Diego Ca. for $34.99

=Yes that is my plan and everything is filling in slowly.

=Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Archived