Innovative Marine Aquariums

No@inTank: New customer!

ETucc

Hello all. I'm new to the forums, though I've been reading threads for about a month or so. I'm trying out my first saltwater tank, and I've decided on a Fluval Spec V build. I purchased one for $50 (what a steal) marked 50% off because it was missing a lid and lights. Good thing I'm getting a custom acrylic top made and led lighting.

A few moments ago, I gave inTank some money for a Fluval Spec V media basket w/ skimmer and a Marineland Mini-Jet 606 pump! I couldn't be happier.

I purchased the Deep Blue SolarFlare 115 5x3W Clamp-on LED. Now I know lighting is nearly the most important piece of equipment concerning corals, and this one isn't the greatest, but it has a larger spectrum than any lamp in it's price range and also features a 3 way switch (daylight, mid-day, night). It's also corrosion resistant and housed in aluminum. I'm not made of money and I won't be growing any difficult or temperamental corals that require top notch lighting. The tank is so small, anyway.

Any other modifications/suggestions for anything I have not covered? I plan on purchasing Purigen/Chemi-Pure/Filter Floss once I actually plan on stocking. I have a great local fish store; Ocean Aquarium in Egg Harbor Township, NJ; with healthy fish and plenty of live rock to choose from once I get started.

Thank you Nano-Reef forums for introducing me to inTank and Media Baskets Inc! The challenge excites me.

shaneandjohn

My suggestion would be to look thru all of the Spec V builds in the Pico section. I know there are a few Mods that will help, but just can't think of them of the top of my head.

My biggest suggestion would be to do your Research on every livestock purchase , before you make it.

Have fun with your build :)

My only advice is about the inTank package you will be receiving. Before you open it, put your ear to the box and listen for breathing. You don't want any surprises.

My suggestion would be to look thru all of the Spec V builds in the Pico section. I know there are a few Mods that will help, but just can't think of them of the top of my head. My biggest suggestion would be to do your Research on every livestock purchase , before you make it.Have fun with your build :)

TON of spec builds here, as well as a Spec users thread.

You guys are very cool. Thanks for the info! I'm really interested in some sort of Watchman Goby, and probably a Yellow(or Green!) Clown Goby. Naturally I want a Pistol Shrimp for my Watchman pal hehe.

Archived