inTank Media Baskets

moseleya

joy13

quite honestly, i've never seen an lps (im making the assumption its lps) like that or have heard of that name. it is very intriguing. If i didn't have a 40% exam tomorrow i would be looking all over for info on it. I would do some digging if i were you, because taking in consideration of the price and its (possible?) rarity, i would snag it.

I know it is an lps I contacted the seller but nothing back yet. I would hate to get it and not be able to take proper care of it

with little research i've come across the fact that it is an austrialian coral that grows in muddier environments, and that it needs lower light and medium flow. Honestly, i would care for it like i would care for acans. Let me know if you find out anything from the dealer, this is very interesting to me as i love lps

_The_Editor_

I've got a green Moseleya in my nano, great little coral.

KcYrcQK.jpg

Sits on the sand bed quite happily, puffs up but has a nice hard stony skeleton beneath. Wait till lights out and drop food on it and it'll get all tentically! Lovely coral indeed!

I've never tried fragging it, but I was told it could be done.. I expect if you treat it like an Acan/Favia and you won't go far wrong.

So a lower flow and light, Do you have to feed it or does it do well with just the extra food that seems to float around the tank a couple of times a week. It is such a pretty color it is hard not to put a bid in on it.

_The_Editor_

Yea I guess... Though my tank is only 12" deep and I've got PAR30 + PAR20 LEDs over the top.. Lots of light over a smallish tank... Also got about 50-60x turnover through the pumps/powerheads so there's plenty of flow.

It tends to do just fine without target feedings, but I drop live phyto into the tank every few days so there's lots of food floating about.. It responds pretty well to feeding though, so getting some food in it shouldn't be too hard.

I've got a green Moseleya in my nano, great little coral.

KcYrcQK.jpg

Sits on the sand bed quite happily, puffs up but has a nice hard stony skeleton beneath. Wait till lights out and drop food on it and it'll get all tentically! Lovely coral indeed!

I've never tried fragging it, but I was told it could be done.. I expect if you treat it like an Acan/Favia and you won't go far wrong.

How did you come across this piece? I would love to find one for my tank

_The_Editor_

It turned up at my LFS shortly after a delivery.. I was just browsing their coral tanks after work one day and this one just stuck out for me.

They sold it to me as an Acan, and at the time I believed them... Took me ages to get a positive ID on it! Very happy with how it turned out though!

This is what he just said on the local forum

It's been a pretty good piece. I've had it for a few months now. I believe they like to be on the bottom and med light. It will eat most frozen food that I have fed. It has had it's best color in higher light so far.

I am really wanting it I think I have the perfect place for it.

This is what he just said on the local forum

It's been a pretty good piece. I've had it for a few months now. I believe they like to be on the bottom and med light. It will eat most frozen food that I have fed. It has had it's best color in higher light so far.

I am really wanting it I think I have the perfect place for it.

do it up and post some pics! its a beautiful piece.

Archived