inTank Media Baskets

Hole in mini maxi?

Enchelycore808

Enchelycore808

My mini maxi has what seems to be a hole right next to the mouth. It ate a bit of mysis but didn't show a very strong response. Should I treat it? If so, what should I use? I just got it a couple days ago and it must have developed in the last day or so. Thanks for the help. Hope he's ok..

post-83066-0-52423100-1396079584_thumb.jpg

My mini maxi has what seems to be a hole right next to the mouth. It ate a bit of mysis but didn't show a very strong response. Should I treat it? If so, what should I use? I just got it a couple days ago and it must have developed in the last day or so. Thanks for the help. Hope he's ok..

just feed it well, I'd think the hole would heal up.

Enchelycore808

Ok I will. It's my first mini maxi so I don't wanna lose it haha! Under the right conditions how fast should it heal up? I know that depends on a lot of variables though.

Enchelycore808

I figure it can take a couple wks.

Thanks! I'll keep a close eye on it if it starts getting bigger or rotting. Just nervous because I really like it. It did eat a nice sized piece of shrimp yesterday so hopes are high!

I'm not sure if maxi minis split when they get big so don't know if it's trying to do that perhaps? Only protein will help heal the meatiness so let it eat.

Archived