Innovative Marine Aquariums

Digital Aquatics Net Module/Mobile App

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

I have my Net module setup and can log onto and see my net information on my computer. Now I have downloaded the mobile app and am wondering if anyone can explain how to obtain the,"URL" info needed to log in on my phone. I know the username and password, but not the URL. The login for the mobile app asks for:

Username-

Password-

URL-

Also, can I log into my net module on my macbook instead of my PC, does the software work?thanks

Doesn't sound like good software or an app if its giving you that much problems from the get go. To link whatever hardware to a mobile app should be VERY easy, like my thermostat for my house. Download the app and go to the URL and enter in the proper account info and done. The fact it doesn't list that info off the bat or send an email or text and you can't get it to run on PC.

I'd rethink using/trusting an app like that to run your tank IMO.

Steensj2004

Doesn't sound like good software or an app if its giving you that much problems from the get go. To link whatever hardware to a mobile app should be VERY easy, like my thermostat for my house. Download the app and go to the URL and enter in the proper account info and done. The fact it doesn't list that info off the bat or send an email or text and you can't get it to run on PC.

I'd rethink using/trusting an app like that to run your tank IMO.

It isn't the program that is the issue. Setting the net module and accessing the programing on my computer took all of 15 minutes. The program runs just fine on my PC, was just curious if it would also ru on my Macbook Pro as well. The mobile app asks for a URL when you log on, being as I am very uneducated in this kinda stuff I needed someone to guide me. DA's customer service was closed so I couldn't get through to them. I don't KNOW what url to put into the mobile app, that is what I was asking.

Steensj2004

Its not an app.

The Net module is a web server.

You have to log onto it at the address its been assigned on your local network.

The APP is your web browser.

Gotcha,is that what DA's forums are talking about when it mentions Port forwarding? And you mean use the IP address it gives for the module?

Steensj2004

Oh I just misunderstood you, my bad.

No biggie, :lol: I think my original write up was confusing. I know the password and username, which allows me to log in on my computer. The Mobile app requires a URL too, I am at a loss on how to get this info exactly. I am pretty retarded past basic computer and technology functions :rolleyes:

PS. Like your avatar.....I work on those, and lotsa other cool stuffs

No biggie, :lol: I think my original write up was confusing. I know the password and username, which allows me to log in on my computer. The Mobile app requires a URL too, I am at a loss on how to get this info exactly. I am pretty retarded past basic computer and technology functions :rolleyes:

PS. Like your avatar.....I work on those, and lotsa other cool stuffs

Thanks! I'm actually getting stationed back on a DDG down in Norfolk in the next few months. Moving my 20L down there should be interesting! Gonna be the last thing I break down and the 1st thing I set up! One of the few times I will buy the Natural sea water so I can get it back up and running asap!

Steensj2004

Thanks! I'm actually getting stationed back on a DDG down in Norfolk in the next few months. Moving my 20L down there should be interesting! Gonna be the last thing I break down and the 1st thing I set up! One of the few times I will buy the Natural sea water so I can get it back up and running asap!

Sweet! I work in Norfolk! Maybe we trade some frags sometime! haha GL with move!

Sweet! I work in Norfolk! Maybe we trade some frags sometime! haha GL with move!

Nice man, I have some nice healthy green Birdsnest that I would give away, stuff grows like a weed in my tank and I love it but its getting way too big! I made 4 large frags (2 from each) and doesn't even look like a made a dent in it. Hopefully I can frag my Frogspawn soon because it is the size of a softball or bigger.

ok, so there are easier and better ways of doing this.

If you do direct port forwarding, it will work, but you will need to use static IPs in order to access it any time you are outside your home. This works like it sounds, static IPs dont change, your IP address will always be the same and you can always go to that same IP to get to your network. Dyanmic IPs on the other hand change, when your computer or router restarts it asks for a new IP address. Dynamic is normal, its what everyone who doesnt know what theyre doing automaticall does when they set up a router. this applies to accessing your net module outside your home period. now you can use a static IP but it makes a lot of devices angry and for me is more of a PITA than its worth. so what to do?

DNS. Go to a site called noip.com, they can set up a dynamic forwarding service. So they give me a web adress, I type in that web address anywhere in the world, then put the port I have my net module on. so it looks something like this www.malawian.com:12345

now I have a dynamic IP at home but a way to access it anywhere in the world. I cant remember if you need to still forward the port that the net module is on, thats simple enough, just go into your net module, see what port your net module is on, go into your router settings and forward that port to an external port. my internal port is 80 and my external is 12522 (just for example).

thats what I do, works perfectly for me, including the iphone app. ive been using noip for years with no issues (and its free).

Steensj2004

there are also pretty good guides for all this on the DA support forums.

Yeah, I am an engineer and still have a hard time with this kinda stuff. I think I have a handle on it though.I may PM you guys if I have questions though,lol.

Archived