Coral Vue Hydros

Adding a 38W T-5

bowfront26

I currently am running a 130W PC on top of my 26 gallon (20" high) bowfront. I believe I have plenty of light for my corals, mostly soft, but would like some more blueish tint. Today I bought a Helios T-5 23" 18W actinic. Got home and realized that it didn't make much, if any difference. I was wondering if returning it and getting the 23" 38W or 48W would work. I would imagine that it would help. Also could this possibly to much light.

P.S. anyone have a suggestion on a DIY for a single T-5. I have never done any DIY yet.

Thanks

You have plenty of light for soft corals (you have about 5 w per gallon). The helios T-5 atinic really has more of a blue color, unlike the purple of a fluorescent bulb.

What kinds of pc bulbs do you have??

bowfront26

There are 2 65W (10,000K and A 03) in a coralife hood. I couldn't just add the t-5 to the fixture unfortunately. The lfs told me to use a rain gutter from HOme Depot. I might do it but I think it will be to large to sit on top of the tank. The Coralife already takes up the majority of space.

hmmmmmmm... actually i might be able to use half a rain gutter and just attach it to the other fixture. Any good DIY ideas for a cheap reflector?

Archived