ReefCleaners.org

8.75 gallons ,My three office tanks after some changes.(pic. intensive)part3

just dave

i'll comment here as it's pointless to do so on all three threads. looks great, all three tanks. they look healthy and colourful. hard to do in a smaller tank.

what kind of setup do you have on each? especially the sps tank, you must dose or do you have all three systems set up to a single sump etc...???...

fill us in on the bg info on the tanks

On the 5.5 I have 3x32Ws of PCs. Ice Probe/w controller in a AC Mini. Red Sea Air Lift skimmer in a AC 200. PinPoint pH probe. 50w Visi-Therm heater on a Won Brothers controller.

8037MVC-008S-med.JPG

2.5 has 1x18w and 2x9w of PC lighting. Two Red Sea Nano filters. Marketech 7.5w heater.

.75 has 2x7Ws of PC lighting. One RS Nano Filter. One FMR under tank heater.

I add Kent Tech CB every morning. Kent Liquid Reactor every night. Two Little Fishies Sea Elements every other day. Every day/night I add one of the following (I rotate through them) DT's phytoplankton,Cyclopeeze,Kent Micro-Vert,Kent Zooplex,and Kent Phytoplex.

I use a carbon pad and Polyfilter in the 2.5 and .75,and Carbon and Rowaphos in the 5.5.

R.O./D.I. water for top offs and mixed with Oceanic salt for small(less 'n 5%) bi-weekly water changes.

I love the SPS tank but on all your tanks you used the same black/white pebble like substrate. For you it might be nice but I personally dont really like it. Is there any reason why you dont like sand?

Originally posted by Scorched_Ice7

I love the SPS tank but on all your tanks you used the same black/white pebble like substrate.  For you it might be nice but I personally dont really like it.  Is there any reason why you dont like sand?

If by "sand" you mean really fine grained substrate, I do like it.

I just like the change this provides from the usual white bottom(thoght all white is a plus in regardes to lighting.)

This is Carib Sea Aragalive Indo Pacific Black.

Archived