inTank Media Baskets

making zoos grow faster

uscreef

I've had a colony of 4 polyps for a month now and they haven't grown much... been at the bottom of my tank in an area of medium flow... my GSPs I got the same day are growing like weeds at the top of the tank, higher flow... any ideas on how to make my zoos grow faster?

GSP will always grow like weeds as long as the parameters are right. try moving your zoos closer to the top they do need moderate flow. how about your lighting setup how many watts

matt the fiddler

phyto or cyclopeeze direct feeding....

also, IMO i have found...., zoos will grow fastest with

1- fast water flow- mine closest to surge spots do the best...

2- high intensity lighting

3- feeding phyto, etc

4- competition with other zoos. the closer you put them to each other- they kinda spurt growth a bit...

also- always try to get at least 6 or 7 polyps of a frag, i think that 4 or 5 is on the edge of being too small for them to get established and take off... 3 is definatly too few on a frag for good growth right away, 6 or 7 is definatly enough...

also- some zoos grow like weeds, some zoos are reallllllly slow growers.. i have some colorfull fast growers :) my precious....

these are some of my fast growers... under 250 W of halide and 130 W VHO

IMG_0256.jpg

Those are some badass looking Zoos!!! Yeah i have also found that zoos grow the best when you put colonies next to each other!

Matt-

Are any of your colorful zoo colonies close to being fragg-able? I know we had thrown a couple pm's back and forth awhile back about them. Lemme know. Thanks.

Archived