Cultivated Reef

IM Nuvo 8 basket

frankdr

I received mine last week - and it's excellent. It's the best upgrade I've made so far. After using the same type of basket in my JBJ 28 - I knew I had to get this...

One idea for improvement - The water entering the overflow is pushing the basket back far enough into the chamber that a good bit of water is missing the basket. A little spacer would help here (that's what I made for mine)

When I ordered mine, I used some Amazon money I had to buy it from their site. Would it be better for you (fees etc.) to order direct, or does i work out to be the same?

Keep the good stuff coming..

Frank

Keep the good stuff coming..

Frank

Hey Frank-

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using a 1/4" acrylic square rod on my IM16 baskets to do the same. Some need it some don't but we should consider including it in the future. The problem is that not all IM tanks are made the same, so you need to leave some tolerance, thus does this hold as tight in all tanks.... it's always a struggle.

We lose much more on Amazon sales. They take about 15%.

We lose about 2.8% for processing + $0.30 if an order is taken on our site.

So Amazon profits about 12% overall on every sale, and shipping prices do not reflect actual cost as it's just a rate, not caculated to your specific zip code + box size etc.

So financially for us it's better to shop direct, and we offer coupon codes like WETWATER

The decision to do Amazon is that you reach a lot of new customers that would never find you, but you pay a price for that marketing. I'd personally say Bezos has plenty lol ;)

@InTank - I'll go direct on my next project (there's always a next one...)

@Brasil7 - good idea - I may do that too

Thanks for the various ideas about how to seat my media basket tighter in my Nuvo8!

No, I swear that isn't a euphemism for anything. GFY if you thought it was! ;)

Archived