inTank Media Baskets

Biocube media basket

Turbo4toy

So from reading it seems there are two different sized media baskets for the Oceanic vs Coralife 29g Biocubes. I was curious what is the size difference/measurements of the baskets? I went to install the Tunze 9002 skimmer and there was no way it would fit without cutting the dividers. With that said in wondering if I either have the wrong basket or if I'm missing something with the install. Thanks for you help in advance.

Don't waste your money, I made my media basket out of egg crate and cut a plexiglass baffle for the skimmer side. I allowed me to customize the size of the media basket and house a Hydor nanoslim skimmer in chamber 2. I'm running floss on top,CP in the middle, and the phosban reactor pump on the bottom. Works great, cost $15 bucks. Spend the money on some corals!

Don't waste your money, I made my media basket out of egg crate and cut a plexiglass baffle for the skimmer side. I allowed me to customize the size of the media basket and house a Hydor nanoslim skimmer in chamber 2. I'm running floss on top,CP in the middle, and the phosban reactor pump on the bottom. Works great, cost $15 bucks. Spend the money on some corals!

Yeah...because spending $30 or so more for a precision-cut basket that fits perfectly is a waste of money. The guy asked for advice in a sponsor forum, so it is probably best for you to keep your mouth zipped as this isn't the spot for your opinion on value.

Anyway, isn't all of the information here?

http://www.shop.mediabaskets.com/Coralife-Biocube-29-Media-Basket-CL29MR.htm

Dcmix

Why are you so rude. I meant no disrespect by my comments, just offering a friendly solution. Your comments are out of line. It's jerks like you that discourage friendly dialog on forums

Dcmix Why are you so rude. I meant no disrespect by my comments, just offering a friendly solution. Your comments are out of line. It's jerks like you that discourage friendly dialog on forums

Your insulting PM was enough, wasn't it?

Telling someone that these media baskets are a waste of money within the forum section of the person who is selling them is what is rude.

Unless you own one of these like I do, keep your opinions on value to yourself.

You telling someone to keep their mouth zipped...and you're calling me rude? Unless you watch your mouth, you should keep your opinions on rude to yourself

Hi

You telling someone to keep their mouth zipped...and you're calling me rude? Unless you watch your mouth, you should keep your opinions on rude to yourself
Chill dude, water too dry or something?
Don't waste your money, I made my media basket out of egg crate
This can be done but will not force water through the media or contain all the incoming water directly into floss. Some would say you wasted the money on egg crate, but there are many opinions when it comes to personal finances. When it comes to business revenue that feeds my private jet with fuel, well then I'd have to stick up for the CNC laser cut hand built in the USA basket.

And so it is. I skipped right over the measurements of the basket. Thank you!
Glad you found it. There is a pictorial walk though on that page that shows how to install the 9002 with the basket.

Steve, I have no beef against inTank or any of your products, they're great, and superior to what I can make. I don't tolerate when other forum participants respond with cruel comments

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to make the cut between chambers 1 and 2 prior to installing the media basket in my Biocube 14? Is it as simple as using a sharp knife?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best way to make the cut between chambers 1 and 2 prior to installing the media basket in my Biocube 14? Is it as simple as using a sharp knife?

I would use a sharp razor knife.

Dont cut it straight down, cut it so the lower part is slightly thicker than the top. This will allow the flow director to sit more snugly on top of media basket and all of the water to pass through the basket and not around it.

When I cut the tab on mine, I messed up a lil and cut it straight down, I put the flow director on and I had water flowing around the sides of it. I fixed my mistake by wedging floss on the sides of director. I change the flosss out 2x a week

Utility knife, new blade. Or heating a junk knife, will cut through the plastic like butter. Also as Dramad said try to leave enough material so that water director is tight depth wise. It's and easy fix if you care to later on. You can use a small piece of plastic say from a cd case or some two part underwater putty like you use to glue corals.

I got the media basket used and have a sneaking suspicion that it was for a Coralife . I might just modify the first chamber to make it fit because it was off by a bit and wasn't going to fit.

If it has notches in the legs it is a coralife. If not then oceanic basket

I got the media basket used and have a sneaking suspicion that it was for a Coralife . I might just modify the first chamber to make it fit because it was off by a bit and wasn't going to fit.
  • 3 months later...
ClownTriggerDude
If it has notches in the legs it is a coralife. If not then oceanic basket

Hey Steve, is their a video on the install for the Coralife ?

I only see one for the Oceanic.

Thanks !

Hey Steve, is their a video on the install for the Coralife ?

I only see one for the Oceanic.

Thanks !

It's virtually the same. Haven't had a chance to make one for the Coralife as the tank has been in the design sign shop for months upgrading the water director. We have a pictorial walk through for installing the Tunze with the basket on the basket product page. Otherwise the oceanic version is the same, disregard cutting the tab in chamber one wall. It's a two second install.

Archived