inTank Media Baskets

Reef photography serivce

supermarvin76

Looks like a cool idea for a service although depending on the local reefing scene I feel like clientele may become rather limited. I am guessing you do photography as a profession which I applaud as I originally intended to become a professional photographer but the allure of a guaranteed wage drew me out of the major.

I almost feel like just having tank shots in a portfolio on your site without a pricing scheme would possibly be more enticing as you are not set on what you charge that way. I mean if someone has an absolutely amazing tank you could shoot at for 4 hours and get them bucket loads of images they just have to have because photographs are very sentimental things that people can justify paying big money for you leave yourself open to making much more for the service you provide if you can provide a larger quantity of photos..

Yes when inquired you can have a I charge this much to show up and shoot and my prints cost x amount for x size. Otherwise treat it like a wedding photog treats their clients. Give em a butt ton of great images they just have to buy and maybe even the option of buying the disc with all the images available for print already edited ofc. Based on how many are on the disc you could price accordingly. I think my wedding photog offered it at something like 500$ for mine.

either way I think you could have a ton of fun doing this and would keep commercial photography from getting stale being very interested in the subject and all.

I think you'll get a LOT more hits if you offer your services in exchange for goods instead of cash. Reefers are all about trading. You can easily rack up $75 worth of frags from almost anyone's tank.

Also if you're charging people for photos they better be damned near perfect, what kind of gear are you using? Something with enough low light performance to handle poorly lit tanks? Most of your coral shots are clean and in focus, but most of the shots of fish could've used a faster shutter to really be considered in focus.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like a 5d2 and a 100mm macro. That's plenty good enough.

I think you'll get a LOT more hits if you offer your services in exchange for goods instead of cash. Reefers are all about trading. You can easily rack up $75 worth of frags from almost anyone's tank.

Also if you're charging people for photos they better be damned near perfect, what kind of gear are you using? Something with enough low light performance to handle poorly lit tanks? Most of your coral shots are clean and in focus, but most of the shots of fish could've used a faster shutter to really be considered in focus.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like a 5d2 and a 100mm macro. That's plenty good enough.

Never thought of the frags idea that is pretty cool.

Archived