Coral Vue Hydros

Newby!

cbu5ba

Im very new to this. My tank is 26gal bow front. I currently have 16lbs live rock, 2 clowns, 2 cardinals and an urchin. I want to eventually have a reef tank but still have to get my skimmer and lighting. Couple of questions. First will my urchin eat the little starfish that hitch hiked in on my rock? Also the guy I got him from said I don't need to feed him, I've done some research and I'm finding that I will need to feed him sooo will the frozen that I'm feeding suffice or do I need more? I'm feeding Marine Fusion for fish and reef. It says it contains sea weed HUFA supplement ( not sure what that is ) Krill etc... Thanks!!!

Welcome to Nano-Reef! From what I understand, urchins are primarily herbivores, so IMO they should leave the starfish (asterina stars?) alone. I also think that noir sheets would be more useful than feeding frozen to the urchin. I just woke up so hopefully that makes sense.

Thank You! I'm going to try to find Noir Sheets today. I think my tank is to new to have enough to feed him. I voiced this concern to the guy I bought him from and he said no it should be fine. I think I will stick with my other source for future purchases. They are very informative and helpful.

Archived