Top Shelf Aquatics

Biocube 14 solution?

wav3form

I have a new Coralife Biocube 14 and I'm mulling over new lights for it. What do you have that will work? Thanks!

I have a new Coralife Biocube 14 and I'm mulling over new lights for it. What do you have that will work? Thanks!

The Mini Tide would be perfect for this tank. I would also add the Storm controller upgrade as well.

-Dave

The Mini Tide would be perfect for this tank. I would also add the Storm controller upgrade as well.

-Dave

Can it be retrofit into the lid?

If you have the money, I'd go with the maxspect nano light. You will not be disappointed:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/catalog/product/view/id/2779/

I've got this over my biocube 30 (some day I'll get around to making a build thead for it). I had a local plastics company cut out a piece of acrylic for the lid for around $40, I just traced a template for the biocube shape with a magic marker and they did the rest.

If you have the money, I'd go with the maxspect nano light. You will not be disappointed:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/catalog/product/view/id/2779/'>http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/catalog/product/view/id/2779/

I've got this over my biocube 30 (some day I'll get around to making a build thead for it). I had a local plastics company cut out a piece of acrylic for the lid for around $40, I just traced a template for the biocube shape with a magic marker and they did the rest.

Hey this is Dave's sponsor thread that he pays for and how he makes a living. Go pitch Maxspect somewhere else.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/catalog/product/view/id/2779/

There really aren't many reasons to choose the Razor over the Nano Box.The Nano Box, in my opinion, is a very attractive piece of equipment. The Razor is not very attractive and it looks rather cheap in person with its flimsy stand. I was very close to pulling the trigger on a Razor myself simply because it's readily available up here in Canada.

After much deliberation and research I decided to message Dave and inquire about a Nano Box instead. I'm glad I did. The price for a Nano Box with the Storm controller is about the same as the Razor but you get a far more attractive hand-made and personalized light fixture that you can show off rather than hide.

Hey this is Dave's sponsor thread that he pays for and how he makes a living. Go pitch Maxspect somewhere else.

No need to bite the guys head off lawn.

I do agree that it is bad form to advertise competition in a sponsor forum though.

No need to bite the guys head off lawn.

I do agree that it is bad form to advertise competition in a sponsor forum though.

Sorry didn't mean to sound nasty. He probably didn't read it was Dave's thread. My apology for sounding harsh ;).
  • 4 weeks later...
Thug means never having to say you're sorry.

Hey Brad, I like your avatar. Glad to see a fellow PSU'er on the forums.

WE ARE...

Hey Brad, I like your avatar. Glad to see a fellow PSU'er on the forums.

WE ARE...

When I get my man cave, Dave is putting the lion logo on the end caps of a light.

Here's mine!

Nice! All my signed framed pictures are still wrapped up from our cross country move. I have a few signed mini helmets on my dresser, Jordan Norwood, Derrick Williams, Evan Royster, Joe Paterno (parents got it for me for graduation, says something like " Brad- Congratulations- Joe Paterno"), and I think the last is Deon Butler.

When did you graduate? 2010 for me. Really excited for the season and the Franklin era, our 2015 recruiting class is ranked #2 right now. Exciting stuff.

Sorry for taking over this thread, lol. Let's take this to my build thread or pm.

Archived