ReefCleaners.org

Help on feeding new Goby

drfu

I jist placed my first livestock in a build i did on the weekend. Both fish & pistol shrimp (Hi Fin goby & Red Banded Pistol shrimp, mated pair) have been acclimated, have already built a home but im unsure/worried how to feed them. Here is my problem.

After 24 hours, like i said built a home so i placed a thawed piece of Omega One reef cube beside their home, my Nassarius snails, like the Walking Dead, attacked the food, trampleled over they openings and grabbed the food. This scaired the %#*+ out of them and they hid for the rest of the day/evening. They stopped construction, didnt eat(i think) and never came out.

This am they were in full force building their home, goby out front keeping an eye on things while mr shrimp dug up a full cub of substrate this morning. Again, i was thinking of feeding them so i tossed some mysis shrimp with the pumps on to get the nassarius snails attention, the after turned off the pumps and placed some neer their home. Again crashing the party and goby&shrimp are nowhere to be seen again and building has stopped.

How/what is the best way of feeding these guys and keep them happy, out & about?

Do i need to get rid of the Nassarius snails? If yes, what would be a good replacement to stir up the sand. My tank is only a 15 gallon column so my choices are limited.

Love to hear some ideas to my problem!

I wouldnt worry about it to much. as your goby becomes more comfortable the snails wont be able to keep up with him. keep the snails and feed normaly he will eventualy get hungry and get his food before the snails. another though would be leave circulation pump running so food circulates and he can grab will it floats. and what ever is left on sand snails will clean up.

I wouldnt worry about it to much. as your goby becomes more comfortable the snails wont be able to keep up with him. keep the snails and feed normaly he will eventualy get hungry and get his food before the snails. another though would be leave circulation pump running so food circulates and he can grab will it floats. and what ever is left on sand snails will clean up.

I like that idea, how much is too little/much, like a quarter or half a cube? Again its only 1 fish, 5 nassarius, 1 shrimp. The other cuc are dwarf cereths & trochus, dont think they eat left overs. Thanks for the tip

Archived