Top Shelf Aquatics

Sebae anemone

ucisweetart

ucisweetart

Got myself a sebae anemone a few days ago and it's been doing fine. It's been moving around and trying to find its spot, I've been putting in supplements for it like Kent Marine Zooplex and water quality is normal as well, but sometimes when my tank lights are off, it shrinks up and it looks like it sucks all of its tentacles in and closes up into a ball. Is that normal??

I'm no expert on anemone but I have 1 BTA who does the same thing at night. I believe they are closing up for protective purpouses. Since they are photosynthetic there is no need for them to be open during the night hours.

KansasCoral-Nu-B

it will move till its happy.. give it a week or two. i feed mine jumbo krill twice a week. mine has been halfway in a cave for 3 months and is doing great. they seem to like medium flow and keep your WC's up. when the water gets dirty they dont like it at all.

hey agfahy---- didnt know that you were on this site too. it is corey from topeka, and RAG. i have had computer problems and cant post on RAG, so this is my new home. how is the 58 in wall coming? i still have frags if you are ever interested let me know.

also nice to see another from KS.......kansascoral-nu-b!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived