Innovative Marine Aquariums

softies for LOW light

Vijay

I'm in the process of setting my 15gal eclipse into a nano reef if it's possibli otherwise i'll need to mabe it a FOWLR see the thing is i only have one No 13w 18"bulb and with the eclipse canopy that can't be changed what corals con this support i was thinking mushrooms and polyps it's a tall tank so i planed to make a mound of lr in the center of the tank with the couals on the top around 6"trom the surface

as far as the bub what'll be beter a 50/50 or a 10k

i've done some reasearch but the books are a little vauge on nano keeping.

i have the eclipse 1 and i retro fitted it with the smartlamp 32 w retro, i think the new better version is the supernova, but the smartlamp lets me have frogspawn, mushrooms, polyps, knobs, colts, candy, and a whole lot more.

reefskunk how'd you retrofit and about how much did it cost im thinking that i'll start with a FOWLR until i'm sure i can maintain water quality and then add more light and some polyps and shrooms and if possible could i see pics of your tank it's and akward to aquascape

do you use a skimmer what about the filter did you take out the media and bio-wheel

i got the smartlamp 1 x 32w eclipse retro PC w/ ballast and all at the LFS for 89$ , but ive seen many 2 x 32w lamps for 99$. VERY IMPORTANT that you put one 4' fan or two smaller fans in the canopy top

• 3 weeks later...

I just changed my TL Eclipse over to 2 x 28's , and it was very easy. Hello-lights has a nice "plug and play" dual 28 set up already assembled, and the price isn't bad at all. I think dual 32's could even fit in that TL hood , but I have not seen that one done .

Archived