Pod Your Reef

Drama's 34g cad (media basket install)......sike

Dramad1

Well tank will be a year old in a few days, time flies.

I was doing a late night water change and decided a change was due. I've been battling brown string algae or possibly even dino's :(, I blame it on not having a intank media basket! Lmao.

Well I decided to remove half the rock, I had to many caves and dead spots for proper flow around the tank. I was amazed at how much crap and deterious was stuck/trapped everywhere. Stirred up quite a mess in the tank.

I finished my wc and added some cs and sp to help things out a bit.

New fts all cloudy

20150215_184807_zpsccszjx7v.jpg

And not to happy about the changes

20150215_185914_zps7envz5qz.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

RIP 03-29-15

Tore the tank down today, as much as I would have liked to keep it running, I had to take one down. 3 tanks atm is to much to deal with, I tend to all my tanks daily spending at least 15min per day wiping glass or filling ato, dosing, changing floss, mag cleaning, fix knocked over frags etc etc. Then about another 1-2 hours every Sunday doing water changes, making water, cleaning equip, changing media etc etc.

I promised the wife once the bigger one was set up that I would tear either the cad or bc29 down. Bc seemed to be the more stable and thriving of the 2. Contents of this tank went into the 125.

It was a long day. Everything moved over fairly quickly and went well. All seems to be okay with corals and fish as well. After the rock and corals/fish were moved over, I spent the rest of the day disassembling and cleaning every piece of equip. Plan was to set up a quarintine tank for the 125g and then over time turn that into a breeding tank for a shot at clowns.

Bang, bang,bang...shot down by the wife. :). Any fish for the 125 will be bought and quarantined at lfs for 2 weeks before bringing home. Boooo. I didn't argue, just went with it. So I'm going to get rid of the whole set up and put any money I get from it towards livestock for the new build.

Last day shot.. nope thought I took one but guess not.

Here's one after

20150329_114808_zpsmbarmawm.jpg

Check out the overflow that popped off the back wall a while back

20150329_125200_zpsnwydi9l3.jpg

A shot of first scape attempt after moving everything over to 125, I may just leave it how it is.

20150329_175503_zpsorpsix39.jpg

If the cad tank does not sell quickly on the local forum, I will prob keep it and gut it and drill it out. My kid tried to convince me to turn it into his new snake tank, haha NO!

Here it is all ready to go

20150329_214545_zps5ydrjwte.jpg

:( kinda sad about it, miss it already

Mine did the same.

To bad you took it down - it looked great.

Good luck with sale!

Mine did the same.

To bad you took it down - it looked great.

Good luck with sale!

Yeah, the back wall popping or bowing off kinda sucked but it still functioned. I used a chip clip to hold it in place while it was running.

I've posted it up on the local forum but only takers are low ballers. I'm going to hang onto it for now and possibly gut it out and try to drill it out. Need to find a sweet overflow box and decide, back or bottom holes, interior or exterior overflow, herbie or bean. Could be a fun little build down the road

Yeah, the back wall popping or bowing off kinda sucked but it still functioned. I used a chip clip to hold it in place while it was running.

I've posted it up on the local forum but only takers are low ballers. I'm going to hang onto it for now and possibly gut it out and try to drill it out. Need to find a sweet overflow box and decide, back or bottom holes, interior or exterior overflow, herbie or bean. Could be a fun little build down the road

Hang on in there - I've found it can take a while for the right person to see your ad then several come at once.

Archived