Pod Your Reef

Get it together man!

MikeTR

WTF is going on in this thread seriously. I love reef cleaners and will buy from John consistently, usps not delivering is not reef cleaners fault or healthcares or Obamas fault, its USPS having crappy workers and not reading the box labels.

it's BUSH's fault.. right?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's BUSH's fault.. right?

Totes.

So the post office is going to be providing me healthcare now?

I really wish that people who want to object to something do the research and come up with valid arguments. I would prefer socialized healthcare to the mess we have now. We have nothing close to it.

I think the USPS thing was a riff on how badly they seem to be handling shipments for NR folks recently, and how big government is not necessarily an advantage in the insurance realm...not that USPS would "deliver" health care.

You SHOULD be careful what you ask for. Socialized medicine is an interesting concept, but if you think we can get the healthcare we get now in an unlimited manner, this is wishful thinking. Folks in the UK are dying on the waiting list for heart surgery, and any Canadian who can comes across the border to prompt, higher quality care. Any generic government run program is almost guaranteed to run up costs while stifling quality...see USPS notes above.

I am not ambivalent to the arguments about pre-existing conditions and life saving health care regardless of financial status...but someone has to show a viable model, and I haven't seen anything close yet.

EDIT: Re: Gill's note below, NOBODY in the US is denied life-saving emergency care in the US. It is against the law...but also the reason that you wait 10+ hours in any ER in the US and why they are going under at an alarming rate.

IDK if y'all realize it or not, but there are options for those with medical problems and no insurance.. charities and not-for-profit hospitals go a long way in helping with bills, writing off bills, etc.. we have a part of our organization that is for precisely that, they pay for part/all peoples' medical care if they qualify and are truly in need.. the left likes to make the argument that people would be dying with no insurance and the ACA, so tell me, where are all these dying people that the medical community refuses to help?

St. Jude (IIRC, I think that's the correct hospital) doesn't bill for any services to their patients.. ever..

people are so out of touch with reality from all of the biased media in this country..

if you think socializing medicine or having it run by the state/fed is a good idea, you're going to be in for a rude awakening.. if you think the ACA is the best thing since sliced bread, you're going to be in for a rude awakening..

Totes.

I think the USPS thing was a riff on how badly they seem to be handling shipments for NR folks recently, and how big government is not necessarily an advantage in the insurance realm...not that USPS would "deliver" health care.

You SHOULD be careful what you ask for. Socialized medicine is an interesting concept, but if you think we can get the healthcare we get now in an unlimited manner, this is wishful thinking. Folks in the UK are dying on the waiting list for heart surgery, and any Canadian who can comes across the border to prompt, higher quality care. Any generic government run program is almost guaranteed to run up costs while stifling quality...see USPS notes above.

I am not ambivalent to the arguments about pre-existing conditions and life saving health care regardless of financial status...but someone has to show a viable model, and I haven't seen anything close yet.

I don't wish for that, but I also don't think there is a viable solution everyone will like. :)

EDIT: Re: Gill's note below, NOBODY in the US is denied life-saving emergency care in the US. It is against the law...but also the reason that you wait 10+ hours in any ER in the US and why they are going under at an alarming rate.

Emergency departments are usually filled with people on medicaid or wic or whatever that are in there with a runny nose or some non-emergency condition because it doesn't cost them anything... and one or two legitimate emergencies.

Emergency departments are usually filled with people on medicaid or wic or whatever that are in there with a runny nose or some non-emergency condition because it doesn't cost them anything... and one or two legitimate emergencies.

Good talking point, never heard that one before.

I think that unless you live in an area where this is a big problem, it is really hard to understand what a huge issue this is.

Unfortunately, the Emergency Rooms are full of people who should just be at a regular doctors office.

The last time I was there, I went to Urgent Care first and was told that I needed to go to the ER immediately. Once I got there I had to wait 8 hours to see an actual doctor because the place was absolutely packed. Everyone had to be evaluated the same no matter if it was a life threatening emergency or the stomach flu. They just kept giving me medication so I could tolerate the pain while waiting. Turns out that my condition was indeed serious, and could have killed me.

In addition, because I could prove that I did have insurance, I was required to provide my $200 co-pay on the spot before even speaking with a nurse. I am not a rich person, I had to put it on a credit card, and then make payments on the eventual $3,500 that was my cut of the final bill. It's just really had to scrape by in life and do the right thing making your payments (even though it means giving up every little luxury) while others pay nothing.

I just wish there was a way to make it fair for everybody.

I've seen it first hand.

Sure, but I'm not sure what to do with this because it's an old argument that apparently ignores the "pay for healthcare choices" part of any discussion. I'm a capitalist, I believe in market based solutions which means people should bear the cost of their choices The problem is many of these things either aren't choices or aren't recognized as choices. I know for a fact that someone I work with ended up in the ER with their kid because the doctor could not or was unwilling to handle it and the insurance covered it. He's not poor.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

I don't wish for that, but I also don't think there is a viable solution everyone will like. :)

This we can be positive of. :) That is the problem with laws isn't it? They enforce them. :)

That is the problem with laws isn't it? They enforce them. :)

No, actually. ACA is a law that has been set aside, delayed, etc. on a whim by a non-legislative government agency. Whole lot of WTF going on right now.

I think that unless you live in an area where this is a big problem, it is really hard to understand what a huge issue this is.

Unfortunately, the Emergency Rooms are full of people who should just be at a regular doctors office.

The last time I was there, I went to Urgent Care first and was told that I needed to go to the ER immediately. Once I got there I had to wait 8 hours to see an actual doctor because the place was absolutely packed. Everyone had to be evaluated the same no matter if it was a life threatening emergency or the stomach flu. They just kept giving me medication so I could tolerate the pain while waiting. Turns out that my condition was indeed serious, and could have killed me.

In addition, because I could prove that I did have insurance, I was required to provide my $200 co-pay on the spot before even speaking with a nurse. I am not a rich person, I had to put it on a credit card, and then make payments on the eventual $3,500 that was my cut of the final bill. It's just really had to scrape by in life and do the right thing making your payments (even though it means giving up every little luxury) while others pay nothing.

I just wish there was a way to make it fair for everybody.

Depends on the hospital too. Jupiter Medical will make you wait a long time (half hour) if you were in a car accident and are coughing up blood, but Saint Mary's 20 miles away will have all staff on floor awaiting your arrival with your MRI ready to go. Shop around for a better hospital then that one, in case you find yourself in an emergency again. Sometimes it pays to drive to the next hospital. Often triage will decide a severity level of a patient to hurry them in, or put some on hold. They may have done that with you thinking you just had a flu, and not realizing how dangerous your condition actually was.

Archived