Cultivated Reef

Legendary Corals, POLL: What kind of zoa updates do you like?

Legendary Corals

Goody Updates  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see our updates?

• For Sale Thread Style, Show Everything
    • Teaser Website Updates Only
    • Website Updates that have prices above them.

Legendary Corals

Good Morning Nano-Reef (or afternoon for the east coast peeps)!

Hope you're all kicking back and just staring off into your tanks (I'm looking at mine as I type). I've got to do a water change later today for the systems. Mmm, the taste of saltwater...

Anyways, Legendary Corals needs your help! We're deciding between notifying updates via FS Thread (like most community members on here), Teaser Updates, or Teaser Updates with prices. There's some pros and cons, and we'd like to know which suits best for you in this community!

FS Thread Style:

I've (buddythelion) have always posted my pieces for sale in a FS thread format and that's worked amazingly in the past. It lets you see the photo of the corals and price immediately and keeps everything within the forum, making the transaction on a more personal level because almost everything is within the forum you spend so much time on. You also get to see everything that we just updated. We also like to organize it and add descriptions of the corals under the name.

This style, of course, is a lot more lengthy to browse through. But that's about it. I usually don't mind looking at tons of pics from an update. :D

Example:

Deja Vus:

Similar to JF Bloodshots but with a yellow mouth. This is a much hardier morph and the teal with pink color scheme is difficult to find in zoas.

Deja Vus 2p, WYSIWYG: $40

11694289416_390ff9b73d_b.jpg

Deja Vus 4p, WYSIWYG: $70

11693759343_9805726761_b.jpg

Teaser Update Style:

On other forums, we give a brief highlight of our favorite pieces from our update and rely on you to go to our website to check out the pieces and prices. It gets straight to the point and gets you to browse around on our shop more. There's less content for you to skim through on the thread which saves you time, but then you'll have to go through the site to check it out (and I know the feeling of being lazy and not going on sites sometimes lol!) and that takes a bit more of your time.

Example:

We just updated our WYSIWYG with some unique pieces along with some old school. Swing by the WYSIWYG and pick them before they're gone, and don't forget to choose a freebie!

Scarlet Devil Shroom (brother of the Red Devil Shroom... but already has tons of blue specks!)
12352498263_e826ef51d5_b.jpg

LC Tropical Martini (an older rainbow morph! A beautiful red ring surrounds the face)
12352796264_7b5659f05e_b.jpg

Grafted Shroom
11832847564_6d9f158c96_b.jpg

Fusion Style:

What if we posted a teaser update style, say have about 5-6 of our highlight pieces, and put the prices on top of them? This implement a little bit of both, but the downside is that it doesn't show everything from the update. We know everyone has different tastes in corals, so we want to try to get a little eye candy for everybody and only choosing 5-6 pieces is hard to get everyone included.

Scarlet Devil Shroom (brother of the Red Devil Shroom... but already has tons of blue specks!) 1p, WYSIWYG: $150

12352498263_e826ef51d5_b.jpg

LC Tropical Martini (an older rainbow morph! A beautiful red ring surrounds the face) 1p, WYSIWYG: $30
12352796264_7b5659f05e_b.jpg

Grafted Shroom, WYSIWYG: $30
11832847564_6d9f158c96_b.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone! Can't wait to hear your comments.

Cheers,

Darwin

Legendary Corals

The votes are very close to each other, with FS Thread WYSIWYG updates in the lead!

Voting ends on Sunday 11:59pm. We'll have our first thread update on Monday and style will be whatever wins.

28 minutes! I'll have the line up tomorrow for you guys. I didn't want the middle one to have 0 votes so I voted myself... LOL.

Legendary Corals

LOL i voted to make it more interesting, maybe a tie!?!?!

Well... your vote obviously doesn't count. Tang Ngu...

So it's a tie! Since the FS Thread style was in the lead the longest, I'll go ahead and post the first thread FS Thread style and 2nd one will be teaser with prices. Look for our new thread with items soon! Thanks for all the help Nano-Reef!

Cheers,

Darwin

Archived