Top Shelf Aquatics

Feather algae?

owk688

Try magnesium dosing. It seems to be fairly effective, but you have to shock the system. Dose up to over 1400ppm in under a day, and maintain that level for a few weeks. Kent Tech-M is the product most commonly used, IIRC.

okay... btw just scrap all the zao frag and clean them. see what will happen in few more day.

If it is only growing on the zoas right now, then I'd suggest a Hydrogen Peroxide dip. It is pretty darn effective in my experience and is easier and faster than magnesium dosing (which I have also done in the past).

There are a lot of methods for getting rid of bryopsis; it is one of the most common pest algae that we experience in this hobby.

cross my finger since yesterday do a scrap on the few zao that have this bryopsis algae hope they do not come back if do then will do a Hydrogen Peroxide dip.

Thank you all for the fast reply and information.

Do NOT take a wait and see attitude with bryopsis. You will regret it. It is one of the worst, if not the absolute worst, of the invasive algae species that shows up in our tanks.

See also: my saltwater forest of that crap.

I'd just pull it, scrub brush with a little hydrogen peroxide on it and clean the frag. Rinse it off and you are good to go. Just keep the HP off the Zoa as much as you can.

Id do what roller monkey suggested, worked for me great. cut as much as you can out and try and maintain a high mag with that kent product. worked for me in less then 2 weeks

I had the magnesium resistant mutant. Ugh. I saw it on a frag that i'd dipped a few days earlier and thought it was 'just a little GHA' at first.

I've started a new tank and will be abandoning all snails, crabs, coral, sand, live rock and an urchin from the infested one to keep it out of the new one.

Archived