Coral Vue Hydros

CNCReef Nano DIY LED Fixture

Caravanshaka

98F is pretty safe for LED, the website did say the 412 is rated for 75W LED. but i can imagine somone filling the heatsink with as much LED as they can. im sure the LED will fry without aftermarket cooling

98 is very safe. Keep in mind my LED's are clustered as well, which isn't using the heatsink the most efficient way. You could add 2 more clusters in between mine with a similar number of led's and barely (if at all) increase the highest temp. I run my temp gun across the heatsink and it is room temperature midway between the clusters.

Do the clowns play near the surface frequently? Hopefully that wrasse doesn't get large and cause some carpet surfing!

Whenever they think I might feed them they try and get noticed up there, lol. I keep the nuvo supplied glass top on there most of the time, just take it off for pics, feeding, and maintenance, so no carpet surfing in the near future (I hope).

What makes the heatsinks unique is the airflow pattern. Air comes in from the top, down the heatsink fins. If you look from the bottom, at the end of the heatsink raceway are some ports. The air is then kicked to the bottom part of the heatsink where LEDs are, and rush across, exiting near the center through the X pattern.

What makes this strategy different is that

1- Unibody Aluminum construction - The entire body of the fixture is the heatsink.

2. Pressurized plenum - airflow keeps the LEDs and Splashguards cool

3. Maximized surface contact - air touches nearly every surface of the heatsink for better heat transfer.

We work very hard here at CNCreef. Thanks for the support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Caravanshaka

No update on these fixtures since the nano was taken down in favor of a 180g in-wall with 3 Asis 418's each housing 2 Cree Lumia 5.2 arrays
:)

I am selling this pair for $500 shipped including an apex cable to hook it up to an apex controller.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Caravanshaka

dont know if you already done the build thread for the new fixtures with the lumia 5.2 yet or not?

oh wow, that was a few fixtures ago, lol!

wasn't a huge fan of the lumia's, I much prefer nanobox v3's now. Don't think I ever did a built thread with them. Right now I have a ASIS pro 824 hybrid with dual t5's and 4 nanobox v3 pucks.

oh wow, that was a few fixtures ago, lol!

wasn't a huge fan of the lumia's, I much prefer nanobox v3's now. Don't think I ever did a built thread with them. Right now I have a ASIS pro 824 hybrid with dual t5's and 4 nanobox v3 pucks.

aww man post some pics im thinking about going tht way thinking bout the cost as well which is y i havent pull the plug

Archived