Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

gulf view lr pics

coralreefer

MrConclusion

I always leave the mussels alone. I have several that are many years old. If they ever die off, it doesn't seem to be a problem in my 10gal tanks. They are good natural filters and kind of cool to have around.

coralreefer

more coralline and macro showing in tk1. water params are good, trate holding at 5.0. but with the good-the bad. have a coupla aiptasias, which will turn into whole tankful i'm sure. watching the red legged hermits to see if they'll chomp on em. i'll give em a few days and try a few of the suggested ways to terminate em. diatom algae on substrate and glass, good thing i bought that mini mag float! dreaded cyano has reared its slimy head, am sucking it off during water changes. am doing gal/day changes to export nutients and soften inevitable bloom (Our Lady of Blessed Algae Control, don't fail me now!). am waiting for a package with another minijet 404 to increase flow. also moved one rock from tk2 to tk1.

tk2 stalled during cycle. best as i can figure the ls bed in tk1 helped it cycle quicker.

Archived