SaltCritters.com

documentaries

GHill762

Not bad, I always love seeing whats in my living room in real life and this one delivers. I think we are all looking for an in depth detailed documentary, but I don't think the general viewing audience gives a rats arse on the mating habits of maxima clams or the preferred diet of a sexy shrimp. Other than not being that it's enjoyable to watch.

The 'Life' series with Oprah's narration is garbage. David Attenborough or bust.

lol.. the footage is fine, but oprah not so much..

and yes, attenborough is perfect.. james earl jones would be good as well as morgan freeman... john cleese would be a good narrator too..

jedimasterben

yes! I love Mike Rowe.. he posts some really interesting stuff on facebook too..

He's really a cool guy. Quick-witted, very well-educated, hard-working, and loves to be involved in just about anything that will help people out.

I want samuel l jackson to narrate all of my documentaries.

only if it's a documentary about snakes.. possibly while on a plane..

lol, fun fact, Jackson is the highest grossing actor of all time. not because he gets paid highest, but because he's been in so many movies with both large and small roles..

only if it's a documentary about snakes.. possibly while on a plane..

lol, fun fact, Jackson is the highest grossing actor of all time. not because he gets paid highest, but because he's been in so many movies with both large and small roles..

listen to the childrens book go the f*&^ to sleep written and read by him on youtube a reef doc narrated by him would be glorious.

listen to the childrens book go the f*&^ to sleep written and read by him on youtube a reef doc narrated by him would be glorious.

definitely going to do this after work..

This is more "nature" than "ocean," but The Chances of the World Changing was a documentary by PBS in the late 2000s about a guy who tried to set up an institute to save endangered species of turtles. It's got some nasty footage of turtles being butchered in the food industry and has a sort of bittersweet/depressing conclusion, but I found it interesting.

Not sure how easy it is to find a copy to view though.

Archived