Innovative Marine Aquariums

JC's 10gal Standard Nano Reef

jc2014

Sure, I'll let you know. I've never done fragging before though. I'm thinking I can just break off pieces.

Nice Fusion 10 tank! :bowdown: It's looking awesome. I really like that Pom Pom crab.

Thanks, He's gone into hiding right now, but I just spotted on of his legs in the rockwork so I know he's still around/alive.:)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read through the progression of this tank. It's looking great and has come a long way! It was nice meeting you today. Thanks for the MP10, no more dead spots now!

Just read through the progression of this tank. It's looking great and has come a long way! It was nice meeting you today. Thanks for the MP10, no more dead spots now!

Likewise! Your tank is getting some attention. :-)

The scape really attracts the eye.

• 1 month later...

Disaster struck today. My tank sprung a leak on one of the bottom seams. What a pain. Thankfully I had a second tank on standby. The new tank is a half moon 10 gallon. I was planning a completely different scape for it, but now the transfer has been forced and it's fugly. I'm trying to just make sure everything stays alive. Wish me luck. I still have half my livestock in a homer bucket with an extra pump and heater. I'm pretty bummed out.

Disaster struck today. My tank sprung a leak on one of the bottom seams. What a pain. Thankfully I had a second tank on standby. The new tank is a half moon 10 gallon. I was planning a completely different scape for it, but now the transfer has been forced and it's fugly. I'm trying to just make sure everything stays alive. Wish me luck. I still have half my livestock in a homer bucket with an extra pump and heater. I'm pretty bummed out.

Well that is frustrating. Hopefully everything makes the transition to the other tank ok

Things are still in transition, but everything is still alive. They may not be thriving, but they are keeping on. I ended up throwing out my sand, so the new tank is bare bottom. With the time crunch, (again tank was leaking) I didn't want to try moving the sand to the new tank. Although the sand was full of life, it was also pretty nasty and likely full of detritus.

One good thing is that I'm trying out a refurbished nanoboxreef light with bluefish (mini). Thanks Dave! So far it's been awesome and my corals seem perkier due to their new light source.

A fairly hairy spider took up residence in the bluefish mini enclosure that Dave sent me. Here's a video of the guy.

You can see his eyes moving.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what the interim tank looks like...

The curved front glass acts like a huge magnifying glass :eek: .

It's a Marineland 10 gallon Half Moon tank. I've got it running with an AC20 filter, nanobox mini tide with bluefish, and MP10QD.

post-83200-0-72469000-1463777789_thumb.jpg

post-83200-0-48130000-1463777787_thumb.jpg

post-83200-0-09320900-1463777785_thumb.jpg

post-83200-0-16176700-1463777792_thumb.jpg

I'm still in transition phase, but recently I picked up a used IM20 Nuvo Fusion that I hope to get everything moved into soon (Thanks NISMO703).

• 5 months later...

Archived