I want your dead fish

Markushka

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sending bones?

Tamberav?

Also can you do plants in any way

Yeah, better than putting him in the trash.

We work with frozen animals or those that are preserved in ethanol. Formalin works as well but we are testing the way it denatures bones.

This was actually developed to clear plants. We have not tested stains on plants but it can be done. Do you have anything in mind?

We work with frozen animals or those that are preserved in ethanol. Formalin works as well but we are testing the way it denatures bones.

This was actually developed to clear plants. We have not tested stains on plants but it can be done. Do you have anything in mind?

What are they preserved in after finished? Ethonol?

Yes, this was invented as a plant product. Check out the website, we have a lot of plant pics up there. I also want to clear a leaf off my Madagascar lace leaf. Haven't tried dying any plants tho.

Finish is food grade glycerin.

Cameron6796
We work with frozen animals or those that are preserved in ethanol. Formalin works as well but we are testing the way it denatures bones. This was actually developed to clear plants. We have not tested stains on plants but it can be done. Do you have anything in mind?
An orchid could be cool, I envision the stain would take well to the petels but maybe the central area like the throat column and sepal could take on some colour. Or maybe a maple life since the hard vein like structures could take on a colour... I'm canadian and would love a maple leaf

Hibiscus would be harder to get but would look amazing if the stains worked

I will have to try more plants. The original test material is photographed at visikol.com.

We have been focusing on animals but plants are another great option to pursue again.

Cameron6796

I tried finding some but it was just close ups on cells it's very cool. It would be cool if you did a leaf and try staining it to see all the stems and veins

We are actually talking with a lab that wants to clear an entire human brain.

I am happy to try almost anything you want cleared and stained.

• 1 month later...

We had an interesting response from the York Pet expo a few weeks ago and really need all the help we can get to expand into more species.

Trials are starting an the few animals we have gotten so far and thank you very much for all the help and support.

glad to hear things are going well. Is there any word on when kits will be available and roughly how much they will go for?

Archived