Innovative Marine Aquariums

Coral Beauty, Film Cover On Eye, Help!!

Gregs Got Fish 129

Gregs Got Fish 129

Hey,

Today, I noticed my Coral Beauty Angelfish has gotten a film like covering on it's eye.(just like when a fish get's cloudy eye. I've had the fish in my tank for 1 week tomorrow w/o any problems except it hasn't been eating the food offered to it(frozen Mysid and Brine Shrimp and flakes), but has been picking off the Liverock. Besides having the film like cover on its eye, the Angel is acting like it has been for the past week, going in and out of the Liverock and swimming around the tank. The other fish, a Cinnamon Clownfish, seems healthy. My specific gravity is 1.023 and I am awaiting a water test from Petco. I think the cause of the film eye is that the Angel may have brushed its eye on some Liverock. I'm not sure what to do,so ideas on how to treat the fish will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

my guess would be its some sort of bacterial infection. youll have to QT the fish and use meds like for cloudy eye. be careful of petco saying "the water checks out fine" theirs doesnt and i wouldnt believe anything petco tells you. BTW if you got the fish from petco- good luck, they are usually just a waste of money.

All you need for a hospital tank is a 10g tank, a 25-50 watt heater, a piece of PVC (for fish to hide in) and a sponge filter or HOB (no carbon).

Archived