Aquarium Fight Club, Yea or Nay?

Spencer7

Aquarium Fight Club, yea or nay?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Interested?

• Yes
    • No

imgres_zps7be4c852.jpg

The juvenility already rearing up in this thread, plus the twisted panties that anyone would deign to disagree that this is the 'world's greatest idea ever' is already all the proof I need that it's not going to end well for someone.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How have you not killed yourself if you're so scared of a little competition and "shallowness". Without competition the world would be a very boring place.

Most understated post in this thread. Preach on! :bowdown:

Since there's no official support from mods/admins, what's there to discuss? For those that like the idea, go do it and have fun. For those that thinks it's silly, let them have fun and watch from the sideline. Obviously, people here already have their minds set, and this is just another pointless debate.

I kinda figured this is how it was going to be taken in the first place.

I'm pretty sure if it was called "Challenge Competition!" then nobody would have cared and we'd already be into it. But because of a simple nomenclature choice (that apparently people don't get, go watch the movie!) people have their panties crammed right up their rears over it.

This competition needs a new forum category, teen reefers forum.

Teens aren't allowed to be competitive these days, it could cause mass creativeness leading to brilliant ideas and of course we can't have that China isn't far enough ahead of us yet.

I must be getting old or something.

I don't understand why people have such fragile ego's. Life isn't kindergarten where everyone gets an award so no one gets an emotional ouchie. If you don't want to enter because not winning would upset you, then don't. It's that simple :) . But to not want to participate in an entire forum because there's one small thread where folks are having a laugh competing against each other is just in need of therapy!

My tank wouldn't stand a chance because it's new and still lightly stocked. But I'd have fun playing with my fellow 40b'ers.

I'd like it to be kept to the tank itself and not the equipment running it. It would be hard enough judging 'scaping, livestock, health of inhabitants etc. without adding comparing lights/skimmers etc.

I'm game. I don't see how one small thread that no one is forced to even read would offend or upset anyone. Maybe a name change...instead of "fight club" which may put some off just call it "tank challenge" or something simple?

Come on 40b'ers...anyone gonna take me on lol ;):D

If you wish to take part in this...

Send me a PM with your nickname (i.e Danna "the Destroyer" M)

and weight class.

0-10g Featherweight

10-20g Lightweight

20-30g Welterweight

40g-50g Middleweight

50-100g Heavyweights and TOTM's

This thread and poll will be closing soon and a new, official thread will be made with rules, participants, and a short description.

Blame the helicopter parents for that, not me. I love when my daughter plays in the dirt and wants to race me or her little friends. (She's 4)

Teens aren't allowed to be competitive these days, it could cause mass creativeness leading to brilliant ideas and of course we can't have that China isn't far enough ahead of us yet.

OMG !!! This would be hilarious if it wasn't so true !

Really? Making new accounts to stuff the ballot box?

So done with this thread. You've already gotten one mod to weigh in, saying don't make more work for them. Clearly they know where this will go, too, no matter how you insist that it won't. Some people are competitive, some aren't. Name-calling and meme posting just because someone doesn't like the idea? It just proves my point. Some will take it too far, and some will take it badly. It's just a matter of time before it makes some people less likely to participate in the forum as a whole, which would be a shame, as it's a nice community. Maybe take this idea to the lounge? They love conflict in there.

Send me a PM with your nickname (i.e Danna "the Destroyer" M)

and weight class.

0-10g Featherweight

10-20g Lightweight

20-30g Welterweight

40g-50g Middleweight

50-100g Heavyweights and TOTM's

This thread and poll will be closing soon and a new, official thread will be made with rules, participants, and a short description.

If you want to compete I need, at the very least, this information.

Anyone who is getting their panties in a bunch needs to lighten up. This would just be for fun... learn to loosen up. If you don't like the idea then you don't have to participate. Competition is what drives people to improve and do better so why cant it apply to reef tanks. Unfortunately, I still don't think this will catch on enough based off the polls and all the people making a fuss over it lol

Archived