inTank Media Baskets

Pico lighting

AReeferIsExpensive

AReeferIsExpensive

im completey lost on what to do for my deco art pico as far as lighting goes....

Right now the light source is the leaking light of the MHs above my 16bow but it needs to get moved so I want a permanent one n i dont want it to be one of those little clip on things that come w/ it (that was a long sentence!)

Anyone have any below or around 30$ ideas? I have an adjustable desk lamp that takes screw in bulbs and its the perfect height. Maybe a recommendation of a specific light bulb from home depot?

I went there to browse and did not to what the hell to look for!

EtOH_is_good

i've heard that some of those curly lights put out 6500k. going to look a little yellow, but if you don't mind it's a way to go. getting the red sea clip on is really not bad. 7w or moding to 13 w 50/50 is also an option.

AReeferIsExpensive

the lamp head is shaped like a bell, i wonder if i could use a curly cue bulb, and then put a blue photography gel over it so it has to shine through? I dont know if that would cause weird algae probs or something tho~

AReeferIsExpensive

Dont you hate it when you post in a forum you never go to and then forget to check the thread?

i totally forgot about this thing~ Anyhow thanks for the links... very helpful. I have a galaxy light and i heard that you could get replacement 50/50 bulbs from homedepot but that was prob a rumor. ::Shopping around!::

Cellenzweig
I have a galaxy light and i heard that you could get replacement 50/50 bulbs from homedepot but that was prob a rumor.
Why would HD have 50/50 bulbs? (Maybe they do?? I just thought 50/50s were aquarium specific??)
AReeferIsExpensive

thats why i said "rumor" lol..i figured they wouldnt. I just checked out the web page and found this cheap thing...would this work in a galaxy light?

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US...&prod_id=327525

I wonder what would happen if you took a bulb like that and put a blue photography gel over it to give it the "reef" tint that a 20k or actinic would give? major algae probs?

AReeferIsExpensive

N i must be retarded b/c i cant figure out how to buy the little 20w 50/50 bulb w/ the link you gave me, and petco n petsmart.com both only have the 10 watter?

Edit: n/m, im gonna screw w/ bigalsonline again, they have it n i guess im in need of a supply order anyhow~

thanks!

Cellenzweig
I wonder what would happen if you took a bulb like that and put a blue photography gel over it to give it the "reef" tint that a 20k or actinic would give? major algae probs?

It wouldn't help. Gels filter out light. You may end up with a nicer looking light, but it will be much less output.

Archived