inTank Media Baskets

Nanobox Duo

ipodnano

I have had my Nanobox Duo with Storm Controller installed over my tank for almost two weeks now and I am loving it.

Dave was great to work with and he kept me up to date on the build along the way. He even followed up recently just to see how things were going. :)

I had two Par38's over my ADA 60f before and am now hanging the Nanobox from the ceiling. This light looks so clean and has much better coverage of my tank instead of the spotlighting effect from my Par 38's. The ability to control the sunrise/sunset and intensities/color mix is a welcome change as well.

Here are pics before and after:

Before with Par38

36cead1a-985f-485c-9aa2-8057b4a31ffd_zps

After with Nanobox

1142e329-6bba-4588-9683-8996fb90e3fe_zps

Much improved. You should consider running that cord through the wall so it's not visible. I have step by step instructions on how to do it in my Tank Journal. You can get to it by clicking on my signature.

Much improved. You should consider running that cord through the wall so it's not visible. I have step by step instructions on how to do it in my Tank Journal. You can get to it by clicking on my signature.

As much as I prefer the look in most places around the US its against building/electrical code to run a power cord through a wall. Not saying disaster will ensue just want to point out that if a fire does occur from it insurance will not cover it.

What are dimensions of this light and your tank, looks way better with the nanobox

I'm also interested in this question. What are the dimensions of the light?

I bought one from Dave, and it should be arriving sometime in the next week or two; I'm just not sure how far apart I should install my lamp tree.

Nano Box Duo 12" ( L ) x 3" ( W ) x 1.25" ( H )

Dave just sent me those the other day so I can start the building of my lamp hanging solution.

The tank is an ADA 60f so the dimensions are 24" x 12" x 7.5" high. The nano box is perfect to give great coverage at a height of about 8" above the tank. Right now I have the intensity set to about 35% and plan to slowly increase to maximize growth.

I thought about the light tree, but decided to hang it from my ceiling. Very glad I did... It looks so clean.

Thanks Dave!

Just ordered the duo 24 today from Dave. Light is going on a PicO S. After reading all the reviews and looking at pics I can't wait to see it in action.

Archived