Pod Your Reef

Water Level on Nuvo 24

gsgentry

I finally got my tank wet today and I'm trying to figure out where my water level should be in the back sump.

Thanks for the help!!!

I would set the water level at the first shelf, so the floss isn't under water. You can adjust by adding or subtracting while the tank is running.

If you look at the back of the tank drawing (http://innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/specs/nano-24-spec-sheet.pdf) you will want the top water level about an inch below the top of the sump divider. If you are using an ATO (and I hope you are) set the sensor to top off just above where your spin streams start blowing bubbles. We moved ours around until we got the bottom level right. Hope this helps (and makes sense).

How does this look? LOL

DSCN2155_zpsd11e5d70.jpg

DSCN2157_zpsfa895f40.jpg

In the 2nd picture, you can see the handle for Steve's fuge basket as reference.

Thanks guys!!

Sorry for the confusion. Check out this video from the Innovative Marine site.

If you skip to the 48 second mark you will see the back of an IM 16 tank with the light barrier removed. The water in the middle chamber is about an inch below the top of the middle chamber barriers. According to Steve at Innovative Marine that is about where you want it for the top end. For the lower end you want your ATO to start toping off just before the water level gets low enough for bubbles to come through your spin streams. If you have bubbles on the low end, move your ATO sensor up a bit.

Let me know if that was better!

Perfect!! I fixed that and took out a little more then added RO/DI water as I wanted to bring the salinity down a tad anyways.

Thanks!!!

You are welcome. Until Steve at IM showed me the diagram and explained to me how the tank was designed in the back, I was running my water level across the top of all the chambers!

• 1 year later...

Ha, I've just done this, I to had my levels too high in the back chamber, wondered why my water looked still!! I've only had this running for about a month so am learning how to make it a better tank, few things I have to get still

• 1 year later...

If you look at the back of the tank drawing (http://innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/specs/nano-24-spec-sheet.pdf) you will want the top water level about an inch below the top of the sump divider. If you are using an ATO (and I hope you are) set the sensor to top off just above where your spin streams start blowing bubbles. We moved ours around until we got the bottom level right. Hope this helps (and makes sense).

At that water lever does any one get loud water noise from water splashing as it passes the overflow?

Archived