Innovative Marine Aquariums

Who Doesn't Love Peninsulas? 40BR BB Mixed Reef - LED/T5 Hybrid

ChouDawg

Seems you guys forgot about me :P so here are some updates...

Tank is 276 days old today! I added a Cosmetus Wrassse and a Sunburst Anthias last week, unfortunately the Sunburst I couldn't get to eat and lost it over the weekend. The Cosmetus is an ADD tank constantly darting around the tank, eats everything, even pellets off the surface. I do plan to get another Sunburst after I get over losing this one, they really are beautiful fish.

After a bit more trial and error I was finally able to shoot under just LEDs to show off the flourescence after the T5s go out...the last two pictures in this set are LED only.

Anyways, the real reason you guys check-in, pictures!

ISO FTS

x1Hwi3B.jpg

More More More

Left FTS

u1XtKOR.jpg

View From The End

gbFPPxa.jpg

Right FTS

Pt4KwOS.jpg

Birds Eye Reef

TQ2IsYx.jpg

Cosmetus Wrasse

04lJqil.jpg

New Blastos Mini Colony & Bonus PE

8v7iM4e.jpg

LED FTS

Uns8qBc.jpg

Glow-In-The-Dark Shrooms

8oZDH3F.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful!

Looks awesome!!

Great macro shots.

Thanks all!

Tank is looking awesome. Makes me want a Peninsula. :D

Your tank makes me want a shallow cube :P

Hm..how about a macro coral update...

"Fist Punch" Digi

NxHuHDN.jpg

More

Caps

lrYelty.jpg

Purple Queens

a2ttREJ.jpg

Return of the Jedi

5kNyWh9.jpg

Millimadness

Z6JCP1o.jpg

Hs4W52X.jpg

TPuHUs5.jpg

"Blue Acro" (Survived AEFW)

XoypJap.jpg

Bi-Color Hammers
9k6UHjU.jpg

"Color Up Faster"

g2JsoFd.jpg

Random Freebie SPS - Branching Monti of Some Sort?

4MAfmaU.jpg

Wow, somehow I missed your tank thread, thanks for checking mine out. Great photos and macro shots, I really like lighting in here. I'll wander back and look a the build info now. :)

Wow, somehow I missed your tank thread, thanks for checking mine out. Great photos and macro shots, I really like lighting in here. I'll wander back and look a the build info now. :)

Welcome! Nothing compared to your new monster or either of your awesome builds before but let me know if you have any questions, thanks for tagging along.

Awesome tank! Your photos are amazing!

Thanks!

Woke up today on my birthday none the less...to find the Cosmetus Wrasse still wet but not breathing on TOP of the screen netting :o I quickly put it in a net and tried to resuscitate it in the sump but it was a goner...sigh...these guys really can get through even the smallest gaps! Even with a lid, my second wrasse that decided to venture into the open air. Back to my original three fish, not sure when/if I'll be adding anymore anytime soon...

Anyways, dosing two part regularly and doing weekly water changes, corals are all responding really well except for my torch still can't get that one to expand much at all.

Happy Birthday! :happydance: So sorry about your wrasse. Even when you do all you can to keep them in the tank, some fish are just very determined.

Great aqua scape just a very thought out tank

This tank is awesome

Thanks! Each build I try to improve on things I "wish I had" with the last build, #4 in the works now...slowly

Happy Birthday! :happydance: So sorry about your wrasse. Even when you do all you can to keep them in the tank, some fish are just very determined.

Thank you, aside from the expensive, hard to find wrasse suicide I had a great one. Although I do like wrasses a lot, I may have to look into less agile, pencil skinny fish for my next additions.

• 4 months later...

any updates Chou?

Thanks for checking in, but sadly no...I took the tank down in September and have been slowly selling all my reef gear. Planning to take a short hiatus for now but I'm sure I'll be back in the future. If I setup another tank it'll be the sumped 60F I never finished that I've stored in my garage for my inevitable return to the ocean :P

Thanks for checking in, but sadly no...I took the tank down in September and have been slowly selling all my reef gear. Planning to take a short hiatus for now but I'm sure I'll be back in the future. If I setup another tank it'll be the sumped 60F I never finished that I've stored in my garage for my inevitable return to the ocean :P

:(

what was the final t5 combo you settled on? you were originally using 2 coral+ right?

I ended up using the two Coral+ for the life of the tank, I did want to try a Fiji Purple or Purple+ but never got around to it. In case anyone still following this thread is interested the plug-n-play T5/LED hybrid fixture is for sale.

Archived