Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Green mystery algae

~LadyBug~

Thanks guys!

I ordered eucheuma spinosum and Cymopolia barbata. It was the eucheuma spinosum that they messed up. I sent them an email telling them specifically that the eucheuma spinosum wasn't in the box, and they (apparently, my Mom got the call and didn't realize it was for me, and by the time she mentioned it I'd gotten a tracking email) called to confirm a shipping date and then I had a tracking email that just popped up in my inbox-a little odd. And then I got a box with box items from my original order, but they messed the eucheuma spinosum up a second time. So I wound up with two portions of tuffed joint algae (turning white from the base up, I hope it makes it) and two of this, Codium apparently.

drunkenmonk21

Do you have a picture of the "tufted joint algae"? or is that the barbata? It's partially calcified would be why the bottom is white. Every time I got Eucheuma Spinosum it always seemed to melt on me. Was mostly the only one I had trouble keeping.

Do you have a picture of the "tufted joint algae"? or is that the barbata? It's partially calcified would be why the bottom is white. Every time I got Eucheuma Spinosum it always seemed to melt on me. Was mostly the only one I had trouble keeping.

It is the Barbata. Here's a photo, although I'm not sure it does the algae justice, it really is very cool looking with the smooth branches and puffs of green on the tips. Others have better pictures-do a search :happy:

BC10FBB8-FDA9-4E92-8764-3AE49FCD2529-534

Oh cool! In all the pictures I'd seen it was totally green, which made me worry when it came it with white branches. But yours looks like mine and super healthy also!

Archived